1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is This Woman Trying to Send Me Signals of Attraction?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SensualOne1212, Feb 2, 2012.

1. SensualOne1212

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know when you look around for advice you probably know the answer already within your gut, but since I'm new at gaydar I would like some input. I will give a little background info on me. Since age 28 (I'm 41 now), I have been attracted to women off and on. In fact, back then I felt like I was going to bust at the seams if I didn't eat a pussy by age 30. Well, 11 more years and I still have yet to taste the sweet juices of a woman.
    I met a woman at work last year. I wasn't immediately drawn to her nor was I even thinking about women as romantic partners at that time. I was just too busy with life to even be thinking about romance. She is my immediate supervisor and there is an age difference. Let me say that I'm not looking for advice on should I or shouldn't I try to hit it off with a boss. I already know the consequences if I choose to pursue this interest. I'm grown and so is she and I already know that we are both being very careful about what we do and say when we are around other coworkers. What I am asking for advice about is if she's definitely interested in me beyond the work relationship, and if so, what can I do or say that will give her the green light. I want her to know I like women and that I really like her. Instead of writing every little detail, I will bullet the highlights of why I suspect she's so interested in me.

* Work party - at end of night kissed me on cheek goodnight and said my first name twice in ear (loved it both times).

* Asked me into to her office one morning to help her do simple thing on computer. Asked me if I liked motorcycles and then told me she has to be conservative at work, but outside of work she has a wild side. Then said we all have one and certain people can bring it out of us. I suspected she was fishing to see if I liked girls during this conversation. At this point I suspected she knew I was looking at her in a different way just as she was looking at me in a different way.

* I gave her card at Christmas with a genuine message and upon returning to work after the holiday, she kissed me as soon as she saw me and said that what I wrote really meant a lot to her. I could tell she was seriously impressed.

* She recently asked me if I had brought my lunch on a particular day. I honestly had not, so I took her up on an offer of eating what she made the night before. When she was assisting me with getting a bowl and silverware, she came up against me and I felt her boob rest against my side. We were not in a crowded room (weren't alone - 3 others were there, but probably oblivious), so it's not like she couldn't get past me without her body parts touching others. It was next to my boob long enough for me to feel it and I enjoyed every second.

* Last week she was talking to me and kind of barking orders (she is, after all, still my boss). I wasn't in trouble, she was just warning me about something. I had my head tilted and just said "okay" b/c I do not want to have conflict with her. After I responded to her she stopped mid-sentence and said "you're very pretty...are you wearing make-up?" I simply said thank-you. :icon_wink

* Next day I purposely wore the sexy shirt I wore the night of that party from months before. She really liked what I was wearing that night. I got a very big smile from her when we passed in corridor at end of day. She liked what she saw.

* Last week, too, we had a staff meeting and she sat diagonal from me and I watched her as she twirled her hair. At one point she turned to me and gave me a very big smile because I was smiling at amusing thing another coworker did. I've taken notice that when she sees me smiling, she is all smiles right back at me. Later on that day she sat behind me and I could just feel her presence and since I'm shy, was too afraid to turn and look b/c so many coworkers were nearby. I don't want anyone to catch a glimpse of how we look at one another. You can't hide attraction even when you think you can.

* This week I was in corridor and she came up to me and said "I really like that sweater on you", as she gently tugged on it. She also asked me how I was feeling and added that I looked good. Why couldn't I respond with "would you like it better crumpled up on your bedroom floor?" Why? Oh, yeah, b/c it's at work. LOL

* And this morning she comes to my room and doesn't seem to have a purpose for coming in but to ask me how I was.

So what does the community of EC think? Is this woman interested in me or just being friendly? My gut tells me she likes me and wants to know if I like women or not. If you think she likes me, what can I do or say that will give her the green like to suggest we do something out of work? Again, please don't warn me about the dangers of dating/pursuing a boss or coworker. I know about that already. I just want to know if my intuition is correct. Thank you!(!)

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Obviously I cant say for sure but I certainly agree that I think she likes you, probably one of the other tell tale things would be how differently she treats you than others, and I dont mean letting you off work or whatever but if she was just friendly chances are she would do that to others. I certainly think she likes you.

As for what to say, especially considering the environment, I think the easiest way to let her know that you like women is to one day when you are just the 2 of you together just drop into conversation about a celebrity you have a crush on or something, therefore you are not saying I really like you (although she prob already knows that) but you are saying, just incase you want to know, I like girls.

3. insidehappy

In fact, back then I felt like I was going to bust at the seams if I didn't eat a pussy by age 30. Well, 11 more years and I still have yet to taste the sweet juices of a woman.

^^^^^
    WOW. completely hilarious. thanks for that laugh, i needed it. lol.

just ask the lady out to hang out. you mentioned that she said outside of work she is a wild child. sounds like you all have mutual interest so suggest somethign fun and wild and ask her if she wants to hang out. then come out to her later if you want and see what happens. i do not recommend work situations but you said yourself you dont care and knowing what her sweet juices may taste like seems to be more important so go for it. lol