1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Izzybeth13, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Izzybeth13

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm really confused right now. I've come out to a few friends that Im bisexual, but my mom is very anti lgbt. I'm scared to tell her because I'm the black sheep of the family as it is. My mom will freak if she finds out I'm into girls as well as guys.

I live in a mainly catholic community, who is EXTREMELY apposed to lgbt's. The kids at school think I'm a lesbian and bully me about that. I don't have anything against lesbians, but since I'm into both guys and girls, so it just isn't fitting. I'm brutally attacked both verbally and physically and my life has been threatened:bang: because of something I'm not. The lesbian thing has fizzled out and now I'm being bullied for entirely different reasons that have nothing to do with lgbt. I'm just scared to see what would happen if I came out that I'm bi.

So I guess my dilemma is that I dont know how, when, or what to tell my mom, and if I should officially come out... I'm scared for my life from the kids at school.

2. fedora777

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is there a teacher at school that you can trust or anyone else that you can get their attention about being bi? Because being verbally and physically abused is very very bad and shouldn't happen. at all.

3. TraceElement

Find a teacher, counselor, principal, somebody and talk to them about being bullied. This should not happen. If they don't help you, try and get video, pictures, audio, something of the students bullying you so you can bring it to the school board and show them the proof that you are being bullied. If they don't help you, I suggest taking the evidence to the police.

As for your mom, if you think she will take it badly, wait until you are on your own if ou want to tell her.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As the others have said try and find someone you can confide in, sometimes at least for the time being it is best to say nothing until you are at a point where you can find supportive people and not make your life hard.