1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orientation Confusion

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Metal, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Metal

I'm MtF (recently came out to myself) and would like to start therapy as soon as I find a job to pay for it... but i'm still wondering about my orientation since it seems a bit messed up.

1) I have never bothered to get into a relationship but I have always been attracted to women and turned off by men, but its hard to tell how much i'm attracted because during the last few years much of my attraction has been replaced with "wanting to be like her".
    2) The last month or so made me realize I would like to be intimate with a guy but only if I was physically a girl, as a guy (im not on hrt) i'm turned off by the thought of it(male+male isnt for me) and would likely never want it.
    3) I don't know what i'd be like with women after transitioning.
    4) Sexually I see myself as a reciever but only as a girl and i'm also a bit submissive... I only see myself wanting to give if it was with a pregnant girl since pregnancy is an old fetish of mine.
    5) All of my sexual fantasies since being a teen are being a girl while receiving it from a guy.

There's probably more to it, but i'm too busy to think about it right now.

#1 Metal, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. Chandra

There could be a number of different things going on here. It's possible that you're simply somewhere on the bisexuality spectrum. Or it may be that transitioning is allowing your true attractions to come forward - you may have a certain amount of internalized homophobia that has prevented you from letting yourself be attracted to men while you've identified as male, and now that you're identifying as female you're allowing yourself to feel these attractions. As you're still new to the idea of being MTF, I'd guess that with time the issue of your orientation will also become clearer for you.

3. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm basing this off of you saying that you are MtF and have recently came to the realization: It could be like Chandra said that you may be on the bisexual spectrum, or it could be that you're straight. And by that I mean you are straight given the gender you see yourself as.

4. DoriaN

I'm in almost the exact dilemma.
    I like the company of guys cause.... I'm used to it, but I'm attracted to women, the thought of a guy turns me off except for the receiving end on my part...
    I figure I'll just let things happen, start transitioning and see where it leads.