1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving on..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Koll, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Koll

Alright so I guess I'm just really yearning for an ear.

I'm kinda fresh out of a shitty, boring and dull relationship.. With some dude who really couldn't make his damn mind up.

But I miss having someone. Someone to talk to, snuggle with, hug, I feel so lovesick.

The only 'hope' I have is a friend about 6 hours away, and honestly I'm not even sure I want a romance with him (He's a great guy, just the whole friendship thing though)

How do I obtain closure without confronting the old guy, and how do I move on easier? Day to day I care a bit less but my heart still aches..

2. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

Bro, two things: one, it takes time to get over having someone at your side to share your times with. Let yourself chill and do fun stuff and try to develop other friendships. I would recommend not trying to fill that emptiness with another guy. It may feel strange for awhile, but you will get stronger from it and better for the next relationship. Second, it's so important to realize how good you are, your talents, your strengths.... and the truth that you are so loved. This might seem strange, but your next relationship will be that much better if you realize this and start believing it. If there's nothing else you remember from this post, remember that you are a good guy and you are deeply loved.

3. Koll

Just.. I know what you mean

I don't have a ton of self worth right now.

But sleeping with somebody for the last year (Like falling asleep in their arms everynight), snugging with them, etc.

It hurts.

4. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

I know man (*hug*) (*hug*) THAT'S why I want you to know how loved you really are. Practice the truth about yourself..... There's even more good about you that you don't even know yet and friendships to come that will bring out more of the best in you too...you'll see.... :slight_smile: