1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by zizo, Feb 4, 2012.

1. zizo

I dunno what I'm doing.

Just finished watching this movie Prayers for Bobby ( and cried like a girl through it ).

I sent my aunt in Arizona a message asking if she will be around in March/April. I told her not to tell anyone and that I have something important to tell her.

I think I'm gonna come out to her. I'm freaking out a little, too late to recall message, but I cannot do this any longer.

She is the safest person that I can think off and I have always been close to her.

I hope I am not making a mistake.

Still crying. I can't believe how this movie got to me so bad.

#1 zizo, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  2. dreamcatcher

Haha I know the feeling. That movie definitely hits close to home. Anyways, congrats on getting the courage to come out to your aunt. Let us know how it goes :slight_smile: And if you start panicking, take deep breaths. That usually helps me calm down.

3. LOTRgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think I'm going to watch this movie- it sounds like it was really moving!! I totally understand what you're feeling though and I know you can do it! From what you've said, it sounds to me like she won't bat an eye and love you all the more. :slight_smile: Let us know how it goes! Sending love your way! (*hug*)

4. Vesper

Kudos on getting the courage to come out to your aunt. I hope it goes well for you!

You're not making a mistake. Feeling compelled to come out after watching that movie may seem like an impulsive, emotionally-driven act right now, but ultimately it's the right thing to do, and you won't regret it later.