1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you know?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Starshine16, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Starshine16

I met a really wonderful woman about 3 years ago,right as I was coming to terms with being Bi. As the years have passed we've gotten very close. We are best friends and I even moved right around the corner from her without meaning to. We text each other all the time and we take at least 1 class together every semester.

Now another friend of mine has become convinced that I am in love with my best friend. I keep telling her I'm not in love with my best friend,but she doesn't believe it. I am starting to think she's right...

How do I figure out if I am in love with this woman or if I just love her like a friend?

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It can be difficult to work out the difference but I would say try and think about how you feel about her deep down, do you look at her and think I would like to kiss you, get close to you, or do you envisage yourself living with her. If any of this is the case I would say your friend is right. If however when you look at her you feel a kind of sisterly love, as in I really care for you but if I imagine getting intimate with you that is just weird, then I would say you are just good friends.