1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to say?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sammie13, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Sammie13

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really want to come out to a friend.. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

they have no clue i could be gay...

what do I say? what have you guys said tat has worked well?

2. mike90

Do you know for a fact that they do not know you are gay? People sometimes surprise you. When I was coming out to people at first it depended on who they were and their sexuality. For me that meant to straight males "cover your bum boys because I am gay and am about to jump you" or "don't look just now but there is a gay boy talking to you" (which often confused them for a bit). If they were gay and male or straight and female "We have a lot in common.... as in we both like cock" or "I do like a good bumming in the morning" and to gay females "In some ways we are the same but in others we are complete opposites".

On a more serious note if you want them to know and you are confident they will not react badly just write it on a bit of paper and give them it, text them it, or just say it in the words "I am ....". If you do not know how they will react then I suggest trying to steer the conversation to get them to ask you. That way they cannot accuse you of telling them because it was they who found out, and irrespective of someone's views, if they feel that they have wheedled something out of you that you did not want to say (even though you secretly did) they will feel guilty about making you say so will be nicer.

xx

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey mike90 gives some good advice, its best to come out in the way you feel most comfortable. Even if they have no clue that you might be gay it doesnt mean that their reaction wont be a positive one, if you feel ready to do it, take a deep breath and go for it.