1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushes just suck

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Azza, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Azza

Well here goes, I'm posting this here because I can't really tell any of my friends about it but it isn't very interesting just some silly little crush on a guy I could never get.

First off I don't know if he is straight/gay/bi whatever but he's one of those people who give off a serious gay vibe, from the moment I met him I was crazy about him (massive cliché I know!) he's really cute, dresses really well and he makes me laugh, an all round nice guy unlike every other crush I've ever had. The thing that makes this one special is that as well as his looks I was really into his personality and for a couple of weeks all I could think about was him. I'd make any excuse I could to talk to him and just couldn't get him off my mind. That entire period was a blur. Then my brain kicked in.

He just wasn't into me.

Now I don't know why I thought he ever was, I never caught him looking at me, he hardly ever started conversations and he always seemed rather distant in conversation. Sure he was nice to me in a friendly way but not a romantic way. Either he was straight or just uninterested, now I'm not the best looking guy and I'm also not the most socially adept and he is one of those people who are quite popular (Oh he does theatre and drama so can you blame me for thinking he was gay? :lol: ). Eventually my head caught up with my heart and it took me a few weeks to fully realise that no, he doesn't like you. Hell I still log onto facebook hoping he will talk to me but he doesn't. He also asked me to do this charity thing that I ended up going to but he didn't because he had some badminton thing so it's pretty obvious he isn't that bothered about me.

Now I'm just trying to get over him and move on with my life, sure I'll see him in school a bit but I have to stop obsessing, stop hoping he is never going to want to be with me, maybe no one ever will but right now I just have to focus on school and my firends and myself. I suppose there is a sliver lining to this he pretty much blew all my other crushes out of the water so when I finally get rid of my feelings for him I may have a few months of not crushing on anyone, which would be great!

Don't know why I posted this guess I just want someone to know about it, if you did bother to read it thank you :icon_bigg

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea, all those crushes suck in that they never come true. I guess all we can do is enjoy whatever interaction they allow us. :slight_smile:

3. Mackenzie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have a gignormous crush on this girl in my program as well. Total gay vibe, the way she dresses, acts, and talks... except for when she is talking about her boyfriend... -_-

It comes down to either going all in and taking a shot, or distancing yourself before you fall harder. Why can't people wear a kinsey score on their foreheads already?!

4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea, wish that was started decades ago. Maybe it would appear at a certain age. The world might have gotten over this issue by now. On the other hand, a lot of people would have been killed upon puberty and the appearance of thier number if they lived in one of those horrible anti-gay countries or families. I'd love to see the number of a bunch of married guys I know.

5. Nightmaric

I feel yah. I've been crushing on this one dude for almost two years (off and on for one year, and solid attraction for one year) he's straight acting but has gay tendencies. I'm tired of it. I feel like I you just Try and get your mind off him you'll be able to get over him. I've been trying to no avail. Separation makes for a good crush crusher.

6. loosingmymind

did you think that maybe her boyfriend might just be a front... you should ask her

7. starlightonmars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was in the exact same situation last year, only I moved schools and I never really got to tell what was going on. It sucks not to have closure, at least you kind of know! It's one of those sucky things where the most unobtainable people are often the most attractive. Hopefully that will go away when you find someone who likes you for you though :slight_smile:

8. HantsBen

Sounds about right, been in this position too many times to remember

9. Bi As A Kite

It's so weird, you want to be angry at these people but they have no idea you're crushing on them...it's so easy (most of the time) to wear that comfy mask.

"Yeah, i'm fine."
    Biggest lie ever

10. cscipio

Quoted for truth.

11. Uniboth

^This...I swear I wouldn't be this lonely if I didn't have the option to hide.