1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about attraction

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 01megz, Feb 5, 2012.

1. 01megz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would identify myself as lesbian as I have no attraction towards males and could never envisage sleeping with one. I've slept with 3 women and found the experience to be daunting to say the least. It just felt like it ruined the whole experience of what I had with that person. I think I'm asexual because I have no interest in sex/forming relationships or being physically intimate by any means. However, I like women and being in their company, and objectively I know they are very attractive. I'm just wondering if anyone is the same? Coming out as gay is a funny thing really because the notion of a sexuality assumes that you will be having sex. It was never about sleeping with a woman for me. I just know that I don't get the same feelings of ease with men and it would feel right going to dinner with a woman rather than man etc.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I'd ask what you'd mean by "daunting". Did you not really want to go to bed with any of them? Did the experiences just end up being very unpleasant? Were you interested in going to bed with women before any of these experiences?

Lex