1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The right time?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gleeko0, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So yeah...today i went to school to start my last year, after this long vacation. Before you ask the educational system is different here, so yeah the school year is starting right now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

*warning, wall of text coming*

I've always been very shy but my first day went WAY better than any first day in any new school I've been. Yup, i moved and i don't have my old friends anymore. I'm not out to anyone here and i plan on "feeling" how they feel about the subject before mentioning it in a casual conversation, but i have no plans on hiding my identity, unless in case of extreme danger which i don't think it is. I add some of my new friends (girls only, by now) on facebook..if they were curious enough they should have seen that i am interested in both guys and girls and will ask me tomorrow, I'll not deny, but not get in details or talk about it too much, i guess its a good move is not it?

Anyways. So far only girls have talked to me, i have no idea but guys seem to be less comfortable to talk to me, maybe because they somehow feel that I'm not like them? I am not sure. Most guys here tend to be very manly and very "proud" of that, not in a nice way, more like social status :confused: its crazy i don't understand that its very "snob" too, so i guess maybe they see that i don't give a crap about that because i don't act even very slightly manly like them (but not gay either, I'm like that) and overall...its really hard to me to talk to anyone who doesn't express curiosity for my being and intends to evade me instead, most guys seem to be doing this, i talked only to 3 of all class, who interacted with me.

So yeah, i don't want people looking at me weirdly, i want to build at least a good image to them so they won't give me any kind of problems. Should i go and greet them like...You know,i don't know how to act LIKE them, i only know my way which is pretty (too, if you ask me) "educated", and i try to be as informal as i can but it still sounds formal -.- ? Or should i just wait for them to interact with me somehow? Damn, between them i'm just like an alien! Its incredible... i can't figure out why. Its like they FEEL it, scares the hell out of me. And no i don't act girly AT ALL, maybe a few but its very few. And the way i dress i nothing out of common for them :confused: (not saying gays dress out of common, dont want you to understand that)

And...do you think this is right time to risk myself in friendships with this kind of guys ?(which are 80% of all) or should i just take it easy and hang out with these 5 girls who showed curiosity for me and talked to me? and these 2 guys who walk around with them..? and later try to expand my acquaintances in this school?

Thanks a lot...any advices will help me a lot with socializing in this new environment and making the best out of my last year in school. Keeping a good state of mind is VITAL and i NEED to have a healthily interaction here to keep that, this will affect my grades more than you think, I'm serious, i hope I'm not souding crazy or anything xD...

Thanks EC'ers, thanks (*hug*)

2. Ianthe

You don't seem to like the guys at your school--I mean, you seem to not like their general attitude. So, I would say to hang out with people you like and are comfortable with, rather than with other people.

3. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Lanthe

Yeah...i tend to not like the average Brazilian guy's attitude here... But i find it importamt to at least say hello around so you get known... I'm still in the balance about that idea though.

Thanks for the reply