1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when someone likes you.....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by insidehappy, Feb 7, 2012.

1. insidehappy

for all the crushers out there, here's what i have realized. maybe this will help.

when someone likes you and they are closeted and they WANT a relationship or they are just waiting for a relationship with you, they will let you know it if you let them know it.

think about your crush in your mind right now. if he or she (insert name) came over to you and asked you to hang out sometime, would you say "oh no, i'm busy?" no you wouldn't. you would cancel everything to hang out for with them. even if you were busy you would say, "hey that day i had something i can't get out of but how about next week on Thursday?" you would definitely make another arrangement that was specific and clear because you would want them to know you liked them.

if your crush said, came up to you out of the blue and started small talk with you and you never spoke to that person before, would you blow them off or would you try and keep the conversation going with them.....YOu would try and keep the conversation going with them if you really wanted something to happen with them.

if your crush sent you a message on facebook, text or you saw a missed call, would you wait a few days to return their message? NO, you would call them back within a reasonable time because you were soooo excited they reached out.

If a stranger you thought was gorgeous and was very interested in randomly struck up conversation with you and gave you their number or asked for yours, toss the number away or not ever agree to hang out with them....NO, you would gladly accept their invitation.

My point here is that often times we make things too difficult. we try too hard (self included). but the reality is, if there was someone i really liked and they let me know they were interested, i would let them know i was interested too if I WANTED a relationship with them.

do not waste your time or your self esteem trying to figure out these crushes. when you meet the right person they are also hoping that they meet someone like you too so when you do, there's not all this back and forth is he/she gay or not questioning that goes on. both parties are open, both parties are smiling, and both parties can't beleive they found each other.

2. cscipio

Sound, sound advice.

3. MommaFrog

I agree, great advice and post

4. insidehappy

thanks guys, i know recently looking at a few situations like this really helped me get over some crushes because i was thinking....i deserve and want someone that is just excited about me as I am about them. I also knew that if they even opened the door slightly and gave me a chance or what looked like a chance, I would jump on it. So if I am doing that much for them, and they are not jumping on it, then it means they are not that into me or they could even like me but for whatever reasons they are not available. so i do not want to waste my time anymore. :slight_smile:. i think that its one thing to crush on someone and never speak to them and just watch them from afar. that is not going to get you anywhere because you have to know either way if they like you or not. but when you have made the effort and taken a risk to make contact with your crush or direclty or indirectly let your crush know that you may be interested, then you have to let them go and not wonder if they like you anymore. :slight_smile:

#4 insidehappy, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012