1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got "Dumped"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hot Pink, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Hot Pink

So last night, this guy and I were talking about our relationship. I talked about him in another thread. He's the same one that made me realize that I'm panromantic. Anyway, our relationship had the status of "complicated" for a while and we never became an official couple, but we were definitely more than friends.

I told him last night that I thought I was really falling for him and then he said that he was sorry, but he thinks he figured something out. He realized that he was really confused emotionally. He thought he liked me, but he thinks it was only because his ex came back. He thought that he was misplacing the romantic feelings for his ex on me because I was there and it was convenient.

After realizing that, we agreed that we would completely go back to being just friends. Really sucks and I cried myself to sleep last night. I went to school, but I keep tearing up in public. I'm tempted to just go home and cry some more, but I don't want to miss class. I guess this is my first true heart break and I just don't know what to do with myself. I feel really lost right now.

2. Sunsetting

Sunsetting Guest

i'm sorry :frowning2: (*hug*) you are so great. i appreciate you working it through with him. it sounds like you didn't get dumped, but more that it just wasn't the right fit. it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you, it was just like two puzzle pieces. work through the truth that you're still wonderful and stay emotionally available. it's a gift that i've had a hard time accessing. so hang in there, stay open and stay in touch with the good truth about you (*hug*) (*hug*)