1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I do not know where to start

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by green day girl, Feb 8, 2012.

1. green day girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi everyone. :smilewave

The title kinda says it all. I think I am a lesbian, but I've never met any gay women who I can be with in my life.. But I am not attracted to men, and sex has never felt right with them. I am from a small town with no real gay community so I do not know how to meet anyone.. I'd like to, I want to be with a woman. I need ideas or help trying to figure out how to meet someone.. Any advice would really be appreciated.

And I guess this is the closest I've ever come to coming out, since I've never said these feelings out loud before

2. Wow where to start....well I would try to find out where the closest gay community is to you and start there. Otherwise its pretty hard to meet other gays when they dont know who you are and you dont know who they are haha
    I usually where something like a pride bracelet or these rainbow earrings i have when I go out to let other guys maybe hopefully take the hint haha
    Theres also gay dating websites that may open your eyes to people in your area.
    I also do that...haha
    sorry im at work so I dont have much time to respond and im on my phone so typing is slow, im sure other people will have suggestions for you too

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, you have definitely come to the right place. I think you have made a really good start you have pretty much already worked out that you are a lesbian and you want to be with a woman.
    Where to go from here, I know you said that you are from a small town with no gay community, so I am assuming there are no LGBT groups near you, are there any within a commutable distance even if you cant go very often, but can perhaps talk to some of the staff by email. EC is a great community to find people to talk to and discuss problems but is unlikely to help you meet anyone in real life. If not perhaps you could join a dating website, even if you dont think you are ready to date yet there are some where you can say you just want to meet friends.
    Is there anyone in your network of friends or family you can come out to?

4. green day girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you both so much for your help!

I'm definitely going to look into any groups that I might be able to get into now. And sadly I do not think there's anyone I'd be able to come out to yet, not that I would be ready to. I'd want to be with a woman and make sure it's the right thing until I decide to take that step. My main reason for that being that I already have a friend that's playing the one minute she's a lesbian and the next she's hitting on a guy game.. And I do not want to be like that

5. Tiny Catastrophe

Welcome to EC. I don't know how old you are but college is a great place to meet LGBT people. They're all over my college lol.

6. no problem, good luck!