1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I still transsexual?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Charni, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I used to be certain I was a transsexual. I hated my body, I wanted to be a girl physically and all that stuff. But lately things have changed a bit. I am still in the wrong body but I am less concerned about it. I also feel less like a girl mentally. I am sort of anything but male. Thoughts? Oppininons? Confusion with the way I wrote this?

2. Katelynn

This is all part of gender identity disorder. I feel exactly the same way sometimes too. But I know that the overwhelming majority of my life, I felt female. There have been periods in my life where Ive felt OK, sometimes like a guy, which has confused me a bit, but then just when I think Im 'over it', I feel like myself again. A lot of trans people feel like this & go thru periods of confusion but, for me, I know for sure that my gender & my body dont match at all. This is why having supportive people to talk to, especially a therapist or a counsellor, can come in handy sometimes. Just be honest with yourself about how you feel. And this totally doesnt make you any less transsexual. Not at all.

3. Alexandria

I know this feeling. For me; it comes due to the fact that I do not see any way to be what I am inside. Since the only alternative really is to give up, I go on living. I make as best of the life as i can. Further, because I have to show a male image to the outside world, I have to adapt.

It blows chunks.

But, I have to do what I have to do. All I can do is go on, and hope for the chance that maybe I will become who and what I am inside. One day, I believe I will, but.... it may be a while...

4. cheshire

Out Status:
    Some people
    I gues it's some kind of genderfluid variation, I get it as well. Sometimes I feel female, sometimes androgynous. When I was younger I felt androgynous all the time. I never felt like a guy tho.

5. DhammaGamer

If you want to change your primary and secondary sexual characteristics then you are transsexual. "Masculinity" and "feminimity" are learned modes of behavior.

6. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks everybody for replying. I'm glad I know what is going on now.