1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who am I?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by geneva, Feb 8, 2012.

1. geneva

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey, so here's my story...
    about 10 months ago i was in a very long term relationship with a guy and the father of my three year old. then i met this girl and she completely blew my mind, and to make a long story short on that i left him for her. Well, then me and her broke up back in December. after that relationship fell through i thought i would try again with my daughters father. i love him, and he is my best friend, and i want my family back. I've run into a problem though, I've always considered myself Bi and that you love who you love man or woman. now that i have been in a relationship with a woman i feel like i cant go back to being with him. what if i don't want to be a lesbian? why cant i just go back to how i used to be and not have these feelings towards girls that are now more strong then i can handle. why cant i have these feelings towards him again? I know that probably sounds absolutely crazy, because i should just accept who i am and embrace it, but i miss my family.

2. secretguyX

Well, although I've never been in a relationship, I know similarly how you feel. Wanting to like a guy again and stop your feelings for girls. But you are who you are, and the more you try to fight those feelings, the more you'll get hurt. And it would be unfair to him and yourself if you got back with him but didn't have feelings for him anymore. If you guys are best friends, you have your family still, it's just in a different way. Whatever you are, bisexual, gay, or anything else, it may take a while for you to figure out and accept. I wish you the best of luck.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately its true that you cant help who you love and you cant force yourself to have feelings for anyone. Just because you dont have feelings for your ex doesnt mean that you will never have feelings for any guy ever again, you never know what the future holds. In the meantime perhaps you could try and patch things up with your family, it may be that in time they will beable to accept you regardless of whether you are with a boy or a girl.

4. geneva

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    thank you guys, we are best friends. i just really wanted that whole family unit. i come from a divorced family and it sucks my parents hate each other.
    for now me and him had a long talk and he says i need to figure out what i want, and not focus so much on what everyone thinks i want or need to do. its something ive never done, but i need odo something. im crying every day and breaking down, and getting so depressed because i want to be with him but i find the male body repulsive. so im gonna be single for a while, maybe check out a gay bar or something. i dont know what to do, or where to start exploring this other side of me i ignored for so long.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He sounds like a nice guy, you have to remember that it would be nice for your child to live in a happy family with both its mother and father, but if you were to force yourself to be in that relationship and be unhappy then that would be more damaging to the child than you being apart, also just because you are not together doesnt mean you have to hate each other (which im sure you know).

Are there any LGBT groups in your area, they might be a good start. I think your ex is certainly right though, you need to spend sometime working out what you need.