1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I like a "Straight" guy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Brandicornnn, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Brandicornnn

Out Status:
    All but family
    First, I'm Brandon, this is my first post/thread, so hello! Hehe :slight_smile:

Normally, I dont get too caught up in the dating circle, I dont care, and I dont think relationships are all that important anyway, so I dont bother myself. However, there's this guy, Brett, who is really cute, and nice, and funny, and extremely .... well, questionable. He is such a great guy, and it's making me question my feelings for him. (As in, not just a friend, I want more!)

He said he's not gay, but his older brother is, and anytime I bring up the subject, or the subject is brought up in a context, he gets all jumpy, and he starts giving one answer questions. He said he had a "gay phase" before, and yelled, "BUT DONT WORRY, I STILL LIKE GIRLS" as if I was going to judge him..

I dont normally fall for people, or when I do, I dont normally care enough to do anything, but this guy.. this awesome, mysterious, "straight" guy, seems to have caught my eye. I mean, I'm fifteen, and I havent kissed, dated, or even hugged anyone passionately, so I cant say that this happens often.

Please, give me some advice, what would you do in this situation?
    Would you ask him if he's gay?
    Would you persue him?
    Would you try to get them to come out to you?
    I really need all the help I can get, this is killing me.. :tears:

2. Alex15

Surrounded by the Old Repulican Vangard (Texas)
    If you feel it's appropriate, you might tell him about your own orientation first. Then judge by his reaction. Sometimes that's just what people need to feel safe enough to come out themselves. Other times not so much, but from what your saying it seems like he would be ok with it. Just my two cents!

3. scooby

Sounds like he's worried you might get scared off thinking he's gay! He may have had some bad experiences with former "friends".

So tell him about you. Make it "safe" for him to come out to you. Don't ask him directly, let him be the one to say it.

4. Ianthe

Hi, and welcome!

It says you are out to all but family, so can we presume he knows you like guys?

Since he knows you are bisexual, and you know he's had experiences before with guys, you can have a casual conversation with him about how you came to accept your bisexuality, and ask him some more about his own experiences. Then you can ask why he's come to the conclusion that he's straight.

As a bisexual, you could also remind him that he can like girls and still not be straight.