1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Tell Them Who I Like

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by secretguyX, Feb 9, 2012.

1. secretguyX

So I came out to two of my friends at lunch about 2 months ago. The topic has rarely been brought up by me or them, because I'd rather them bring it up, and I guess they would rather me do it. Anyways, they know about two girls who were mocking me (i used to like the one, and she found out) and they mention that, but nothing otherwise. I'm over that girl (the one mocking me) and I do like another girl, straight of course -__-, but that's not the point. They may want to know who I like, because trust me, before I told them I was bisexual, they were asking me A LOT. Which I don't mind. But maybe they won't bring it up because they feel I don't want to talk about it? I'm not really sure, but I do, I just feel awkward mentioning it still.

Well my whole main point for this post was that I like this other girl, and I'd like to tell them, because I know they're probably wondering who I now like, and I would prefer to get it off my chest. But I don't know how to mention it. I mean they talk about guys they like a lot, and I'm just sitting there listening, because I don't bring up the girls I like, and neither do they. Anyways, how do I tell them I like this new girl without sounding awkward?

2. Bi As A Kite

Weird...I was about to start a poll thread on whether it's beneficial to tell someone you're crushing on them - or indeed tell other people.

I guess in your situation, wait till your friends are talking about this girl, then just...slip it in. Concentrate on a fixed point as far away in the distance as possible and zone out a bit, and just go "....she's awesome."
    Maybe just have a gung-ho attitude and to hell with consequences etc, just bring it up. But if they change the subject then don't labour the point.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could just try bringing up the girls name lots of times and see if they get the hint. Or you could ask them if they know her name or anything about them and when the ask why tell them then that you like her.

4. secretguyX

Well I don't know if they really know her, but I know both of them know of her. We've talked about her like twice, once when i voted for her for this school thingy, and a second because she plays softball with me. But they'd never suspect me to like her, and honestly i just fell for her, she's the last person that I'd ever think I'd fall for, i've known her since we were 5, but were aren't close. I still would feel awkward bringing up her name to them randomly though.

5. Tiny Catastrophe

You also have to take into consideration that it may get back to this girl and things could get awkward and such.

6. secretguyX

I know how awkward it could be, the last girl I liked found out, aka the one mocking me. It wouldn't get back to her telling them though, i completely trust them, plus they don't even talk to this girl really.

7. Tiny Catastrophe

I know but I know how girls like that age can be. As much as you trust them you should still be careful. I got burned a lot in middle school and high school by girls I "trusted". Just trying to spare you some grief.

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps you could draw a I love ? on a bit of paper or something and then they might ask who the question mark is. Or if she plays softball maybe you could ask them if they would go and watch a match with you.

9. secretguyX

Oh okay, i do know what you mean, thank you. I didn't really think of that happening. And well softball season for the team i'm on with her starts in late March, so it's still a bit of a while. But maybe i could do that.

10. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it might not work, but unless you want to bring it up then I think the best way forward is just to keep making subtle hints until they pick up on them.