1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I ended the friendship with my ex.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Koll, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Koll

Not really needing a ton of support, just wanted to share..

anyone have any stories of ending it, completely with an old significant other?

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Good for you :slight_smile:

I personally end all contact with my exes after I break up with them. Its easier that way and it stops all the drama that comes with exes.

I will say that some people are the exception. I recently started talking to my first ex-boyfriend after two years of not talking at all. We'll see what happens.

3. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

Well, my one ex boyfriend and I remained friends for a very long time. I use the term friend loosely, seeing as he was one of my only friends and I was easily bored, and he only wanted me to love him and nothing else, or else. Needless to say, he didn't respect my choice to stay friends and threatened to abandon me or commit suicide multiple times. One day I realized this wasn't healthy so...

I cut all contact with him, and was freaking out to my mom and my only other friend (currently my girlfriend). The latter said he wasn't really suicidal, and it turns out he just faked it to try and hook up with me again (hook up as in simply make me stuck in a relationship I hated). When he texted a day later "Hi Remy! Whatcha doing?" I pretended it was the wrong number and haven't heard from him since.

4. Iamme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Today I got my friend back. He can't accept who he is (the gay part of him) and therefore can't be with me or give me what I want-- so we are going to just be friends. We spent 2 hours just talking this morning and catching up- it was wonderful to have my bestfriend back. I'd rather have that than nothing at all. I'm still smiling knowing we're friends