1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Have a Crush on a Straight Guy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by chrisJ, Feb 9, 2012.

1. chrisJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i have this huge crush on a straight guy. i've had crushes before but they were only little things and didn't last long but this one hurts so bad.

i met this guy on a social anxiety chat room and i found that we had alot in common so he said we should help each other and asked me to join facebook telling me it would help my confidence so as we began chatting on facebook i realised i really liked him and i got the impression that he liked me too as i continued to chat with him every day my feelings for him got stronger and i actually couldn't eat or sleep and everytime i saw his photo i felt like i couldn't breathe. soon i felt comfortable telling him things about me and he did the same so i told him about my sexuality but i never told him i liked him and before i did he told me he was into girls and i felt so bad and a few days later he deleted without saying why but then about a month later he sent me a request and i added him and told me he was sorry and that he missed talking to me. im so confused about what he's thinking and i really want to tell him how i feel. what should i do?

2. Artemicion

1. Just tell him and get it done and over with...
    2. Don't tell him at all and continue as usual...
    3. Talk and see if you can figure out why he deleted you then decide if you want to tell him?

Choices 1 and 3 is pretty much trying to hit a "pivotal point" in figuring out the reason behind the deletion...is he homophobic?! But then again, it could also be not the case as the original context for talking to each other was on social anxiety.

Last but not least good luck no matter what actions you take. :thumbsup:

Edit: Oh and last thing, those are just the three routes I considered, but I'm sure there's other actions you can take.

#2 Artemicion, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  3. insidehappy

the best way to deal with these "are they gay or are they straight crushes" is, just ignore it." you can say "hey bro, im gay or bi and i like you" but he is more than likely going to say he is straight. even if he says he is bi, he's probably going to say he's not into u and just sees u as a friend.

the best way to handle these people is just respond to their texts and random meaningless chatter but do not initiate anything with them. only text them if they text you, only facebook message them if they message you. keep conversation light and meaningless and match their light and meaningless conversation. dont try and smoke them out of their holes. it's pointless. if they really really like you, they willl let you know. everything else is just bullsh*t.