1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

its weird, im actually having fun when i go out now

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by insidehappy, Feb 10, 2012.

1. insidehappy

after i stoppped looking for guys in straight places and having straight crushes and hoping for things that weren't going to happen, im actualy starting to have fun again in straight places. sure i see the down low guys and i see the black guys that are trying so hard to blend in and not look gay at "gay friendly" events but its pretty friggin obviously...but i do not pay them any attention anymore. i do not care. i just go, and have fun. i do not try and strike up conversation with them at all. as i become less concerned about meeting someone or finding someone of substance, im actually having a better time out. i have just accepted that it will not likely happen for me and i have noticed i have less stress about meeting someone in these downlowish places and then i realize "hey, do i really want someone that cant be authenthic enough to say hello to me and that does all this secret code stuff with glances and eye stares...um no. i do not have time for that bull. so i dont know if this is good or bad but it felt great not to have to worry about them and they convulted lies. in fact several women and a few guys tried to hit on me recently. the guys were downlow so they want you to "out yourself first" even though they are the ones approaching you. lol. no thanks. im growing and evolving and if someone is interested they will have to clearly make that known. i don't chase anymore. those days are officially over.

#1 insidehappy, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  2. fedora777

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    good for you :slight_smile: