1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice about alcohol and someone crushing on you...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gleeko0, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So yeah...I'm going to a part tomorrow with my new friends, I'm really interested because we've known each other for a single week and I'm interested in knowing them more, there will be 10 people at that party so it will not be something massive, just between friends ..and impressively, I'm between these people.

Apparently, they want to buy some Tequila because no one has ever tried that. Most people let it very clear that they don't want to get drunk and "crazy", only "happy" for a while. So yeah.. i really don't want to get in trouble with my parents, seeing that i will be drinking and they won't know it (obviously), but I'll pay attention to not get more than "happy". Do you guys have any advices to add? I'm a bit concerned about that, i won't deny it.

But honestly... I'm not the very social kind of person, And I'm quit impressed i was able to talk and interest all these people at once o.o, and in a so short time and get invited to a somewhat "personal" (between friends) party, i really don't want to screw up...

So...one girl seems interested in me. She is really not my type, and... its not easy for me to like a girl like that, i mean ..i have such a bad luck that all the girls i like have boyfriends xD. Its pretty possible that she will make a move tomorrow ...and possibly try to get me drunk? Anyways, I know all she wants, is to get in my pants or just get me and I am NOT interested. I was thinking about replying to her "Eh...actually, I'm pretty gay." if she asks me out or tries to get me or something, that will pretty much fix it... I mean, they don't seem homophobic (this whole group of friends), and my gaydar screams A LOT to one of the guys for MANY reasons...i guess he is gay lol so yeah ...if he is, I'm sure one or two of the girls know it. Less problems for me.

Thanks a lot guys..your advices are very important for me, sorry for the huge text. I will not mind if you leave your opinion too.

------

Edit: Can an admin please take out the first word, "Place, " in the title? I don't know why it is there :confused: honestly...sorry lol

#1 Gleeko0, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Hopefully is not too late to chime in :slight_smile:

Is this your first time drinking? If so, I wouldn't really start with something as strong as tequila. Specially assuming that you guys are going to get some pretty cheap tequila. If you drink, and I'm not saying that you should because it is a very risky situation, you should start with softer drinks that won't fuck you up. Also, never mix liquor and beer.

I'm not going to tell you that alcohol is the worst thing, but I will say that you have to have respect for it. Its not something to play with and if you do drink you have to be responsible about it. Know how you are getting home before you drink and make sure the person driving doesn't drink. The most important thing, though, is that you trust that people that you drink with. Not everyone reacts the same to alcohol and some people can get really nasty or dumb really fast.

As for your friend, feel free to just let her know that you aren't interested in her. If you want to tell her that its because you are gay then go for that :slight_smile:

And fixed :slight_smile: