1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do about him?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Samus610, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Samus610

Hey it's me again. And I'm having yet another issue with my boyfriend.
    I just hate how he always decides to tell me about plans that have to do with us seeing eachother at the last minute! On friday I get an email from him saying that on sunday we should go on a double date with one of our friends and our friends girlfriend. That sounded really nice except 2 days before one of my friends kim asked if I would go to her birthday party at her house on sunday. And of course I said yes. I mean I hadn't heard from jason and the only time I hear from him is on the weekends. And he doesn't even call! It's like he thinks I keep my schedule open for him and that I have no life. Well he probably doesn't think that but he just doesn't know what to do in a relationship. When my mom called this morning I told her I got an email from Jay, even though he said he would call, and she said that I should tell him to take a hike. But I don't want to. I've been trying to tell him what he should do in this relationship but never get the chance to. What should I do? I don't know whether I should stay with him and tell him what he should be doing or just tell him to take a hike and try to stay friends. What should I do?
    :help: :help: :help:

2. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In the immortal words of Dan Savage:

DTMFA - Dump The Mother Fucker Already

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Plans for what the two of you are going to do together should generally be made together. A surprise is nice sometimes, but if he always makes all the plans and expects you to go along with him then that is not fair.

I haven't been following the other threads about your b/f, but on this particular issue you need to firmer in making the arrangements with him. If he is not prepared to compromise or discuss it then maybe Neggie ^ has the right idea?

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think you might just need to communicate to him how it makes you feel when he does this. You obviously don't want to break up with him. Ask him to give you a little more notice if he wants to do something and if he doesn't want to do that, then he should be prepared to go alone if you have other plans.

5. pirateninja

Give him an ultimatum: tell him what you want in your relationship and if he doesn't make an effort for you, dump him.

6. Ty

Ty Guest

I think all of the above have given ample advice, and Im afraid I can't beat what any of 'em have said :wink:

7. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

You could try leading by example. Make plans with him, but make them a week or two in advance.

8. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

A romantic relationship is made of TWO people, meaning it takes the two to make the relationship work. Plans being made by one and being submitted on short notice with the expectation they be met is inconsiderate and disrespectful. Tell BF things will have to change or he can do all his plans solo 24/7.

It is just a common courtesy and having respect to make plans together and checking with someone before making commitments to go places or be with others.

9. ebra

having just broke up with my boyfriend, i dont know how good of advice i can give. i was with him two years and even though we talked over and over and over again about what needed to improve in the relationship, it just doesnt work, its almost like no matter when happens, once u start considering leaving them, thats a hard feeling to shake. but if you are not ready then nothing will happen until you finally get pushed over the edge.