1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i horrible? lol I feel like a guy who leaves after the conquest

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Whoknows, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Whoknows

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is ridiculous compared to other problems
    but to nail it down, I wanna know if my way is horrible or whatever reason it is what makes me act this way.......cant talk about it with my bff because i already gave her a complex and what Im about to ask would make her more uneasy

soooooo I suppose Im a dyke/lesbo (never dated girl but keep having romantic feelings for them)
    whenever I have a small crush on someone in my high school or a friends friend
    and think:"hey that girl is pretty cute,funny and smart" so I wanna get to know 'em,
    that might take a while and when I get to like 'em even more....
    I will lose interest in them because I found out their weaknesses.......

Is this kind of behaviour normal if you want to find a partner?? I feel like an asshole -.-
    Also because I thought I was the monogamous type, this thought crushed my world

I have been thinking about the "as soon as the guy loses respect for his girl he will treat her bad or leave her" theory but that would make me such a guy -.-
    not saying anything bad to u good guys and not trying to be feminist tho xD

Is it just that I have never really been in love because I have never accepted a person the way he is?
    hence Im not able to accept myself?? (inferiority complex?) I mean im young i have time to accept myself,change and gain experience

can anyone relate ?

2. Ianthe

Hi, Welcome to Empty Closets.

I don't think this is a problem. It doesn't seem like any of the people you are talking about are really even available to you anyway.

If this keeps happening when you are actually dating people, it might be a problem. But you might find that it's totally different when you have someone who returns your feelings. Presuming that these girls are mostly straight or otherwise unavailable in the first place, it is not really in your best interest to develop very strong feelings for them. You know that, even unconsciously. So, it's easy to use their minor flaws as reasons not to be interested in them.

Are any of the girls you are talking about gay or bisexual, that you know of for sure?

Also, I think you might be a little confused about what it means to be a feminist. And you should definitely know, badmouthing feminists is not really going to go over very well among queer people, or especially lesbians. I'm not very bothered personally, but I think you should know that it will rub a lot of people the wrong way. If you are in a community with older lesbians, like my parents age, they may totally freak out. Most lesbians are feminists, and a lot of the ones from that generation are really avid feminists.

So, basically, talking crap about feminists is going to get you in some serious hot water in the lesbian community. Fair warning.

3. Chandra

There are a few possibilities. It's possible that you simply haven't met the right kind of person yet who can sustain your interest. It's possible that your expectations are too high and you need to realize that nobody will be absolutely perfect. Or it's possible that you're using people's "weaknesses" as an excuse to keep them at a distance because you're actually insecure about having a relationship yourself.

4. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was going to say something to this effect, too. :lol:

But, to Whoknows - I don't think it's abnormal at all. The first date or first encounter with a person is not the point where you make all your decisions about how you're going to feel about them. I've had good first dates that turned out to go nowhere, and I've had mediocre first dates - and even second dates - that left me feeling a little strange, or uncomfortable, or something other than purely happy, but eventually those feelings changed.

As Ianthe said though, these aren't even people you're dating, properly speaking, so without even that filter to predispose you towards liking someone, I think it's even more to be expected that you change your mind about people (for better or for worse) the more you learn about them.

How about you - do *you* feel like having these responses is preventing you from getting to know people better, or from getting into a relationship with someone?

5. Whoknows

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ah,I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound rude about anything.
    I'm probably more of a feminist than anyone would think but sometimes I think 'em so cruel because some often blame guys for no reason.

I didn't think of trying to get away from girls by using excuses yet,
    that might just be it....
    then again I'm probably just running away from myself -.-

Thanks alot =)