1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushing On Someone Who Hates Me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by secretguyX, Feb 11, 2012.

1. secretguyX

Well they may not hate me. But they don't like me.

So here's the story. I started liking this straight girl in the middle of September or so, and she's in most of my classes, but we only talked occasionally. I told two of my friends and some other people in December. Somehow, I'm pretty sure she found out I liked her, not exactly sure how. But her friend (anonymous but I know who it is) threatened me to stay away from her. And the girl I like and her friend (who knows too) make fun of me for it behind my back. Never to my face, but it still hurts. And I can see the way she looks at me now, trying to see how I'm looking at her back maybe? I don't know. I told my friends I'm over her, because they know about the kind of blackmailing and bullying she was doing to me. And I thought I was too. But on Friday i realized i'm still completely fallen for her, and I can't seem to shake these feelings. I don't know what to do. :icon_sad:

2. dreamcatcher

Aww. You need a hug(*hug*) I think the only way for you to be able to forget this girl is if you stay away from her as much as possible. Time will also help you get over her. I know it sucks but this girl is not good for you at all. You deserve so much more than to like someone who treats you as miserably as this girl does. Remember you are someone incredible that deserves to be treated with respect and love. So just stay away from her, keep yourself busy with other things, and try to find a new crush that won't treat you like this.

3. Ianthe

Don't worry about it too much. It's normal to have those kinds of feelings. You will have them for other people in the future.

Trying not to have the feelings just makes it worse. Instead, just acknowledge to yourself that you have them, and just don't focus on it. Don't get mad at yourself, no matter how many times the feelings come up or pop into your head, just acknowledge it and move on. If you have anyone else that you are interested in, try to focus on that instead. If possible, choose someone nicer.

How can you be sure she's making fun of you for it if you are only pretty sure she ever found out?

4. secretguyX

Thanks :slight_smile: I guess I'll just have to move on and wait for them to subside, it just sucks. I kind of do have another crush too i just started liking, but like usual she's a straight girl, but we talk and she's at least really nice to me, unlike this girl. And oh, I'm sure she found out and is making fun of me, i'm pretty sure this girl who knew already told her. Sorry, should of made that more clear.

5. Ianthe

Focus on the other girl. It will still be lousy, but at least you can feel like you are directing your feelings toward someone who is worthy.

I think it's pretty normal at your age for crushes to be unrequited anyway, regardless of your sexuality. Just enjoy the experience of having those feelings, and recognize that it isn't really time for anything more to happen with them just yet.