1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RemyLeBeau, Feb 11, 2012.

1. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

Last night I stayed over at my girlfriend's house. For most of the night we cuddled, something I've never done before. We kissed quite a bit, again a first for me, but it was the neck area. Feeling daring, which is extremely out of charcter for me, I might of bitten her a few times. Now, mind you she was enjoying this a lot. This overjoyed me, and I tried giving her a kiss on the lips. I was being really gentle and went slow. The second I touched her, she flinched away and rolled to face away from me. She seemed super startled, and I apologized. We just laid there for an hour and eventually started fooling around again, and the rest of the day was perfect, except for one time she got shy again when I hinted I wanted a kiss again. I dropped it after that, because I love her and don't want to pressure or scare her.

I just don't understand why she wouldn't kiss me on the mouth. I mean, she's kissed other people before me, and that was my first time. I respect her boundaries, but it hurts that my first kiss scared her away. Plus, I was kissing all up and down her neck, and her to me, but I scared her with an innocent peck. I don't understand. Don't get me wrong, we had a great day bowling and watching the Tick and cuddling. I just wished I knew why that one kiss upset her so much. Did I do something wrong?

2. secretguyX

Probably not, maybe she just likes you so much it's different with you then other previous to you for her. Maybe she likes you more than them, so it's more meaningful. Or she wanted to be the first to kiss you, and not you to kiss her. It does seem pretty weird though, but it sounds like that to me.

I think you should talk to her about it and ask her why she rejected your kiss.

3. Mogget

A lot of people feel very differently about being kissed on the mouth vs other parts of their body. Mouth-to-mouth kissing, to a lot of people, is even more intimate than sex, and something they aren't comfortable with as readily as other acts. I don't understand it myself, but I have at least one friend who will have sex with someone far more readily than she'll kiss them.

4. Chimera

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is just my experience, but I've pecked strangers on the mouth in spur-of-the-moment situations and was ok with it. However, if it were someone I was attracted to, I would feel INCREDIBLY nervous and hesitant! Mmmm, maybe she was afraid that kissing would take things further than she was ready for?

5. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

Thanks, you all are helpful. She wont tell me, but she said it was her, not me. So mouth to mouth isn't gonna be happening soon, but that's okay. We'll try again another time.
    Still, I can't help but to wonder what really went wrong...

---------- Post added 11th Feb 2012 at 07:03 PM ----------

Um, she was already kinda... groping under my shirt and tickling that spot on my back that apparently turns me on. I guess kissing might have given us more fuel or something lol. I'm now dying of embarrassment.:icon_redf