1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Can't I Just Get over it?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jordash, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Jordash

Okay guys, I really just want someone to talk to right now, cause I just feel so sad/angry/depressed.

Okay so i dated this girl for 2+ months secretly and we broke up 8 days ago.

She already has another date! :'(

She was walking around school showing everyone a stupid pic of an ugly dress she wants (and odviously can't afford) to wear to Prom next year (shes going with this fat, ugly, short, pig-faced kid that doesn't even go to our school!! but she "really LOVES him") Pffffft! I just can't stand it anymore! I just want to scream in her face and tell her that shes making me feel like crap! Like I was nothing to her. Like I was...i was NEVER anything to her! I hate her! I hate her so much right now. I never want to see her again. Shes such a terrible person!

Sorry for the rant guys. I just would really like some input err whatever on this. :/ Thanks.

2. secretguyX

Just ignore her. She's not worth your time. Surround yourself with your friends and maybe some other cute girl you'll fall for and can take to Prom, show her that it doesn't bother you (even if it does). She probably just wants you to feel jealous, don't give her that satisfaction. Sorry that's happening =/

3. Jordash

Your right secretgirl.... Thanks. You always know just what to say. :slight_smile:

But theres just one problem. It does bother me, it bothers me so much. I get angry. She texted me and was talking about the really ugly dress and I just ignored her because I got so upset. I threw my phone at the wall and now its broken..... I also destroyed my room..... I just can't get over her. It hurts so bad.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! As hard as it might be, but it's time to move on.

Don't let her showing off bother you, don't get angry. If she wants to show off, let her show off! Don't pay any attention to her. The more you do, the more you will think about her and the fact that the two of you have broken up. The only person who is going to get hurt even more, is you.

In moving on, try to spend time with your other friends, and do things that allow you to shift your thoughts to other things. Thoughts and our mind are powerful things. The more we pay attention and in essence feed thoughts that are part of loss, or strong emotional/physical feelings, the stronger they will get and the more often they will occur.

Keeping your mind busy with school work, your hobbies, and things that you like doing, will help you to shift your thoughts and attention away from what happened. Try to get to know some new people. Join a club or an activity at school. Try something new.

Now that you have destroyed your room, use it as an opportunity to move your furniture around, and re-organize it. In a strange way, that can help too.

Yes, it will take a bit of time, and effort; but the more you 'work' at moving on, there will a day come where you won't think about her anymore.

Hope this helps a bit!