1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would you class this?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 01megz, Feb 12, 2012.

1. 01megz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have these strange feelings towards a friend (whom is openly out). I want to do things for her, such as cooking meals, taking her out and just looking after her. I don't know whether this is because she's ill at the moment or in general. I've recently had these confusing dreams where I'm with her and do things like place my hand on her thigh and those of a sexual nature...very bizarre for someone who has no sex drive!

When I first met her I fancied her and that has since died down (think I was just v insecure about the gay thing at the time and was probably just attracted to her confidence). I think what with it being Valentine's Day soon there is perhaps a need to be in love, so I feel my former romantic personality coming through. Things are so confusing! x

2. Ianthe

Is there some particular reason you wouldn't be interested in her? Because it sounds like you are.

Possibly, you are confused because you are in denial about having feelings for her.

Your "no sex drive" is probably a result of repressing your sexual feelings, rather than naturally not having any. If that's the case, you will have more sexual feelings as you become more comfortable with your sexuality.

I think you just like her. Which is a perfectly normal thing to happen.

3. 01megz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey,

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: She's invited me over on Valentine's Day actually as she's busy tomorrow and so am I actually.

I guess the fact that neither of us are looking for a relationship. She's just come out of a relationship and doesn't really want anything. There's also the fact I'd worry about spoiling the friendship.

It's strange, I'm fully accepting of it but my sex drive has declined. I have depression so this could be why.