1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New member seeking advice!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Revupyourharely, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Revupyourharely

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok so i've joined this site in the hope that i might finally understand whats going on with me. I'll put it bluntly, thing is i have a boyfriend but for some time now i've noticed i seem to be very curious about women. i'm not sure if this is just a curiosity thing or whether i am actually attracted to both sexes. If anyone can offer me advice which will help me clear things up if not fully but partially, i really would appreciate it :slight_smile: Thank you!!!!!!!:confused:

2. secretguyX

Welcome to Empty Closets! :slight_smile:
    I think what you need mostly is time, if you are bisexual, which you may be, it can take a while for you to realize it and accept it. Are you just curious, or are you actually attracted to girls as well? And even though you have a boyfriend, can you ever picture yourself falling in love with and dating a girl?

3. Welcome to EC!

People can just have a genuine curiosity about other people of their own sex. They might just want to compare their bodies to others, or they might want to see different body types. Some people just admire the female or male form (nude art?).

Can you tell us a little bit more about your curiosity? I think curiosity can mean that you're interested in looking at other women's bodies (which does not mean you're homosexual at all), or that you're a little curious about what it feels like to kiss or get close to another women. Either way, it's all part of growing up.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As the others have said it depends exactly what you are feeling, but you can be sure whatever it is you are not alone, there are lots of other people here at EC who feel the same way or used to feel the same way.

5. Revupyourharely

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you for replying so fast, i wasnt expecting to get any responses so fast! :slight_smile: and as for the curiosity to thing, i guess that was the wrong word to use in some aspects. To be honest i can see myself with another women. and i have had one experience in the past where i was attracted to a women but not just sexually, i went a month thinking i was in love with this girl. i guess i've kind of repressed it but i'm still so unsure, i've been with my bf for 3 years and i know i love him, but recently i've noticed i seem to be thinking about what it would be like to be in a relationship with another women. I don't really know whats going on with myself at the moment :S

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its difficult to give you a definitive answer, if you are happy with your boyfriend then one option is to just stay in the relationship with him and see what happens, perhaps your curiosity will die down. I have to say I think this is unlikely, and either way it is probably something you should discuss with him, just so he knows where he stands. You could look into LGBT groups in your area or at school/uni (sorry I dont know how old you are). Another option is to just start looking at some girls and see if you are attracted to any of them sexually, if the answer is no then it is probably the case that you are bi-romantic but only sexually interested in guys.

7. Revupyourharely

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've discussed it with my boyfriend so he knows about it now and at the moment it's seeming very likely that i'm attracted to box sexes on a romantic basis as well as sexual. Thank you for yor hope though you've given me some great advice :slight_smile:

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well if you need more help and advise EC will still be here.