1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How should I go about this

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by colorful, Feb 12, 2012.

1. colorful

Alright so I'm sorry if I am being annoying with my problems, but I have no idea what to do. About a year ago I met this girl and intially I'll admit that I thought she was a bit odd and I tried to stay away from her because I thought she was just a bit too touchy. I was always sort of stand-off-ish. A few months after I met her she walked out to my car with me when I went out to get something and she gave me a kiss. Up to that point I had never even thought about the possibility that I liked other girls... I have really been struggling with this since then, but still I never really thought "oh maybe she likes me" I see her at least twice a month, but talk to her all the time and we sorta flirt I guess. Honestly I sort of just thought it was the fact that I go to an all girls school and I'm not ever around guys really and she compliments me and such. She doesn't actually go to my school though. We were with a group of friends two or so months ago and she brought up something about lesbians. One of my friends asked her in this horrified sounding voice you aren't are you and she said what if I was why would it matter. I just kinda sat there... If I would have said something then I wouldn't be in this predicament... anyway I just don't know what to do. I am almost positive that 1. she is in fact a lesbian or at least bi and 2. that she likes me. I think I may actually like her, but I haven't completely accepted myself and I'm not out at all. I feel like talking to her about it would help, but I don't know how to bring it up. I feel like someone knowing would help me figure myself out though...

General thoughts, advice, or questions about the whole situation?
    Is this a good idea?
    What should I do?

2. secretguyX

You really should just bring it up. One day when you're talking (preferably in person) ask her about the time she kissed you, and what she meant by it. She sounds like she likes you, and if you like her too, talking about it may help clarify your sexuality.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think maybe next time you and her are alone you should say to her, 'you know when we were all together and so and so asked if you were a lesbian, I was just wondering if you were, not that it matters if you are, or if you dont want to say' something along those line, make sure she realises that you dont care if she is, and then if she says she is, or that she is bi, then you could say something like 'I have been wondering about my own feelings towards girls recently' or something like that.