1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Girl Crushes

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by secretguyX, Feb 12, 2012.

1. secretguyX

I hate liking straight girls. I haven't really liked a guy in years, just small crushes. Actually, I think every guy I ever have liked were just small crushes. But the girls I've liked, I've really liked them, but they always are straight. I don't know why this is, hardly liking guys and I don't know any other gay/bisexual girls so the girls I have no possible chance with either.

2. Vesper

I'm kind of the same way, in that I've had many more (and stronger) crushes on women than on men. Of course, since heterosexual, heteroromantic people are the majority, chances are that most people you or I crush on are in that majority. That can't really be helped. Your chances of finding someone who may return your feelings can be higher if you go to events geared toward LGBTs, but (and excuse my bluntness) it's still a crapshoot, truth be told. That said, never give up.

Also, judging from your experience with crushes, consider whether you may be lesbian or at least mostly homoromantic.

3. Marlowe

I think in some ways you have answered your own problem -- you need to meet more gay girls. Its a tough spot to be in partially in and partially out. O am in the same place. I feel comfortable enough to want a relationship on a private level, but I don't quite have the openness to pursue it. Straight crushed suck and we all get them. In truth there is little way to get around them apart from being in a relationship. I don't know how comfortable you would feel with this, but maybe it is worth it to pursue one of the crushes you have on a guy. This might take your mind off your straight girl crushes and also clarify how you do feel about guys.