1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomorrow is Valentines Day... Should I do something?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NewYorker, Feb 13, 2012.

1. NewYorker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I'll try and keep this short and sweet :slight_smile:

I have posted on here before and you guys have been really helpful. However my problem with my crush at school still isn't gone. I see many posts on here basically saying the same thing about crushes, "take it out of your mind and it will fix itself". I don't know what it is but the universe seems not to agree with this.

So my question is (as the title suggests) should I do something to see if something will happen on this day? Doesn't have to be dramatic or cliche (oh but I'd want it to be :lol:slight_smile:.

What do you guys think?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, how much does your crush know about you? Do they know you're bi, interested in them, etc.? The less they know, the more casual I'd be if you want to try to approach them.

Also, valentine's day can put a lot of pressure on people to make things "perfect" or whatever - avoid that urge. Treat it like it was any other Tuesday (or Friday, if you prefer) on which you happened to give things a shot with your crush, and it will probably go a lot better.

In any case, good luck! :grin:

3. NewYorker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yeah, he doesn't know anything. I'm thinking something subtle. I'm not sure about these things. Should I try something or just avoid it all together?

4. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, go with your gut. What do you think is a good idea?

Is he hetero? Would he be okay with the idea of a gay guy being attracted to him? I would keep the number of revelations to a minimum - just coming out to another guy on Valentine's day might send a strong enough message. But then again, given the day, you might be able to push the envelope a little. Maybe, "I'm gay, and I kind of like you."

But you know him better than I do, of course. What do you think he'd be up for?

5. NewYorker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I'm not sure what I want to do. I feel as though I have kept him at arms length to keep him from freaking out if he's anti it all. I think maybe just striking up a conversation should be enough. Is there anything more you think I should do?

6. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, if you don't know if he's hetero, and this is breaking the first ice, then just go with something simple. Start up a conversation. If you get brave, try to steer it certain directions and see where it goes. I would think coming out to him would be the outer limits of what to expect for the conversation, but go for it. :slight_smile:

7. NewYorker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yeah, I'll see what I can do. I'm sure thousands of other people would agree that this is probably one of the most difficult things you can do. Fingers Crossed that something might happen. :icon_bigg