1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it wrong?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lili8329, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Lili8329

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So to give some background info a month ago I broke up with my ex of six months. Reasons being that the relationship was not healthy and while I was with him he caused me to develop some rather serious image issues and a few more emotional problems. Once I ended the relationship the problems basically went away in a week. After we broke up he starting hanging out with a mutual friend of ours we will call her X. And he would show X all the affection and attention I wanted him to show me, and he knew this, while we were together. Now to see this hurt. A lot. We tried hanging out and being friends a few of the times I would end up saying or doing something rude or mean to him. And wanting to be civil and mature about the breakup I would go to him the next day and apologize. However when I would he would end up turning the conversation around onto me and start saying how I have so many issues and that if I don't fix them I will be alone forever. This always led to me leaving him in tears or feeling extremely depressed and hating everything about myself. Finally I couldn't take it anymore more and I told him to f#$% off and that I would never go back to him and that I will never be friends with him again. Especially since he had been treating me like I was the s#!% beneath his shoes and treat X like she was a princess. During this time I found myself becoming friends with a guy I met online. We will call him Y. The more I talked to Y the more I found we have a lot in common and we get along really well and have fun talking with each other. So finally he came up to visit me on Friday and I was so happy! We hung out and played Sonic Generations and before I knew it he had kissed me and held me close to him, my face blushing as red as a cherry. And honestly it felt right at the time. And it still does. But not because I was lonely or I was looking for someone. It just felt right. And it still feels right. It feels like I've known him forever. But am I wrong? Wrong for liking someone so soon and dating again after a month? Or is there nothing wrong with this? I would like to know everyone's thoughts.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I dont think it is wrong it is clear as you have stated that your relationship with your boyfriend was unhealthy and was long gone. If you had been madly in love with your boyfriend and he had ended things with you and then you had moved on quickly then I would say that would be wrong.

All that being said I think the best thing you can do is be honest with the guy you met, explain to him about your ex and if he is the right guy he will be patient enough to work through any problems you may encounter as they come up.

Good luck, sounds like you deserve some happiness.

3. Lili8329

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well I actually explained it to the new guy when he came to visit after we sort of ran into my ex. He was really accepting about it. It didn't seem to bother him at all and he said "This stuff happens. But that won't stop me from wanting to date you." That was the gist of it, not what he really said. It was way sweeter than that. And thank you! That means a lot!