1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to come out or not to come out.......

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by anonomous teen, Feb 14, 2012.

1. anonomous teen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ive finally reached that glorious point in my life where i have come to terms with my sexuality and am eager to start my new life. I want to come out to my two closest mates, but Im worried that im going a little bit to fast with all of this.

Assuming that shit hits the fan, i can move on from one of my mates not talking to me or being weirded out. But id be devastated if the other mate freaked out about this. He is like my very non exclusive boyfriend (no one knows, not even him kinda thing. lol). We are both very close, but he dsnt realise how much he does mean to me.

I want to tell him and my other mate, but fear wat could happen if i did. If anyone has some advice or stories of coming out to their male bestfriends, id really appreaciate your opinons.

2. Holmes

How old are you? And have you ever been in conversations with your friends about girls. Because if you have and you've stayed quieter, there's a chance they know. And in ways, in today's culture, they might really have no problem with you being gay at all. I have come out to male friends, it's been a little awkward having the conversation, but grand after to be honest.

3. anonomous teen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Im 18 and have had a girlfriend within the past year. People are aware that i have gone after numerous other girls. My two best mates i talk with about these girls and how we are going to be havin girls over every night wen i hit uni. So im pree convinced they have no idea.

have ur friends asked lots or any questions wen u first came out?

4. Holmes

I wasn't the only gay person around, so apart from the odd question about a girlfriend I'd had, there wasn't much interrogation.

Maybe the best thing would be to go softly, start by stop mentioning girls for a while, then mention gay rights issues, in a by-the-by way. There are marriage bills in your parliament at the moment. Test their reactions that way. Of course, things will be different between the abstract and for you, but it's a start.

5. Seraph

Oh Yeah! But most of the questions are really silly, like how do you know you're gay ? So do you like skirt now ? Are you gonna wear make up ? etc. All kind of stuffs that they got from nowhere to ask you, which are pretty annoying ...

If those two are your best mates, try to tell to the one who is closest to you and then move on to the next one, just keep in mind that you should only tell them about your orientation and nothing else.

6. anonomous teen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha, i look forward to those questions.......

Im thinking ill leave it a while yet till i tell anyone, even those two. Just untill I find some guy im interested in who can return the feelings. In a way, its proof to myself that i am definately ready to be gay :slight_smile:

7. Greg92

Greg92 Guest

Ease them into it, you just discovered yourself which is amazing, but wrap your head around it before you let them onto it- who know, in the grace period of you allowing yourself through they may figure it out for themselves.