1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valentine's Day...this could be interesting

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bi Since Birth, Feb 14, 2012.

1. One of my gal pals who I'm not out to yet just asked me to a club tonight. She said she was going with a friend named G. I read G and went and was like woah...G is a guy I've been dating for a few weeks casually...So I texted him about it and he said I should come and that he didnt know I was close to her. So its a small world....But anyways, if I go I'm going to want to hug him and perhaps even more once I start drinking haha and if she is just there watching that might be a harsh way to come out to her...plus I get this strange feeling she kind of likes me. We get along very well and she is attractive and we have a lot in common but I don't have any emotions towards her in that way but I get the feeling she might....so I dunno if I should go or not...

I have to do some studying before then anyways. its 7 now and they are going at 930 so if I finish in time I think I'm gonna go...any input on the situatuion and how it should be handled or how you would handle it, please lmk

otherwise, hope everyone has something to do with friends or that special someone tonight!

2. secretguyX

I think you should go, if you want to that is. Tell her beforehand, so it's not shocking, and she'll feel you respect her more that way. Even if she does have feelings for you, she may not feel so hurt if you tell her firsthand. Maybe text her/videochat or something of that sort and say you need to tell her something important. Does she know that her friend/your boyfriend is gay?

3. yah she knows he is but not me....and texting somehow seems like it be less personal...although that would make things a lot easier on me..

4. secretguyX

I do see that, i prefer telling people through face, either in person or over videochat. You could just tell her as soon as you see her but aren't with him yet.

5. i finished studying...now im getting antsy. should i tell her now or later!? I'm texting G to see what he thinks...

6. secretguyX

Well telling her in person is more personal. But it's best to tell her only if you'll get a bit of time by yourselves. Either way, you should tell her before kissing G in front of her. What's he think?

7. he hasnt answered...i feel like the fact that I'm not out to a lot of people and that I identify as bi, not gay, makes him uneasy...The last gay guy I was seeing cut me off completely when he found out I was bi and not gay...I don't get it...
    ps i answered you on my wall

8. secretguyX

Hmm, well that guy seems like an asshole to break up with you for being bisexual. I mean you still like guys, so what's wrong with that? Some people don't think bisexual is a real sexuality, they just think you're a confused straight person, or you're looking for attention. It's stupid. Anyways, he may find it better if you do come out to your friend, so he doesn't feel you guys have to hide it as much, and that you actually are into him. Has your friend who you're thinking of telling texted you lately about anything? And does she say anything about G's sexuality ever?

9. Well I talked to G and he said she probably already knows and not to worry about it, "she'll probably be better friends with you after you tell her"...I wish I could be as confident as him...I'm not going to text her anything. I'm going to show up, and see what happens....if I end up exposing my "identity" haha then thats the way she's gonna find out I guess...

10. secretguyX

Haha well if he thinks she already knows, there's a good chance she does, or at least won't be very surprised. Then if you're just going to do that, good luck! And have a fun time at the club too. :thumbsup:

11. ahhh why does he have to be so supportive!? He just said he's buy me a drink if I come out to her tonight...so...I guess its on lol

12. secretguyX

Haha someone seems anxious for you to come out. Well, he sounds like he's trying to push you out, no matter if you want to or not, so i guess so..

13. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If your friend that you're meeting at the club with is fine with G and she's your friend then it seems like tonight should go over well. And it doesn't sound so much likes he's trying to push you out for his benefit, but for yours. If you don't come out to your friend now and you three end up doing stuff together again, then things could stay awkward; but if you do it tonight...well then after tonight you won't be anxious about this anymore :icon_bigg

14. OK so I ended up coming out to her when G was in the bathroom and I said it like this, "So this is kind of offsubject but" and she says "I know" before I could even finishe my sentence...
    "that I'm bi?"
    "yah, I saw it on your facebook"
    lol So I guess she doesn't have a thing for me thank goodness!
    and just like G says we are better friends now :slight_smile: All the sudden she's whipping pictures of these guys she thinks is hot on her phone and sharing them with me and i shared a few i have on my phone with her haha
    It was wonderful

And best of all I could snuggle up to G for the first time in public without worrying who sees...*melt*

#14 Bi Since Birth, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2012
  15. secretguyX

Aww, well that's great! Haha now you can talk about hot guys with her all you want. Congrats :eusa_clap

16. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im really happy for you. Well done!! :slight_smile:

Also, he sounds like a great guy. Get in there my son!