1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i tell my family

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ravenn14, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Ravenn14

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    How do i tell my family im bisexual i dont know when or where or how to bring the subject up? I just can here for help this is my last resort i have no where else to go. Please help ? !?!?!?:bang:

2. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Firstly...you don't actually NEED your folks to know your sexual proclivities. Granted, it is significantly better for your mental health if you don't have to keep it a secret, but please don't feel like you are messing up somehow if you honestly can't safely broach the topic.

Secondly, if your parents and you are religious, find out whether your church is pro-gay, anti-gay, or just praying fervently that they can avoid getting caught up in the whole mess.

Thirdly, don't be argumentative under any circumstances. Bad magic. Your parents might be forgiving if they aren't keen on your sexual proclivities, but challenging their opinions on anything, no matter how trivial the subject matter is, is dumb, dumb, dumb. No matter what they say, no matter how much of a load of rubbish and nonsense it it is, for god sake, agree with them. Compared to this, they honestly don't care who you are sleeping with.

Best of luck to you.

3. Ravenn14

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks but the truth is im scared but i feel like im more distant. Because i know im hiding something