1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusion to clarity to more confusion

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LaplaceScramble, Feb 16, 2012.

1. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ever since I've found this website I've been reading a lot of different posts, specifically about gender issue. As I read more and threads, something started to click in my head. A while ago I got diagnosed with a form of bipolar disorder (and I was diagnosed with it because it is what the pschologist had said was what seemed most likely). I looked at my behaviors and mannerisms and compared to those that people with bipolar disorder should have. While some of them seemed similiar, none were exactly head on. Then when I started throwing around the thought of gender identity, even more started to click in my head.

So I sat down and thought about who I was. Not what other people saw me as but what I saw myself as, and it felt good. I had never thought to do something like that before, and in a relatively short amount of time I realized that, at the very least, my gender and my sex were not the same. Now, I'm just basing this off of what I've read, and multiple people's personal experience, but basing my opinions off of what other people thought was my problem in the first place. Regardless of that, I've started to think I may be bigendered....or I could be crazy. I don't know. I guess that's what brought me here in the first place, advice and help

2. DragonGrad09

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know that feeling! I'm doing the same thing. I grew up in a small town where we didn't really talk about gay or lesbian people, much less transgender people. The more I was introduced to the idea, the more it sounded like me. Never been completely comfortable in my own skin. Isn't it funny how simple things like internet forums can help us discover some of the deepest parts of ourselves?

3. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I remember once an old friend of mine had asked me if I ever felt like I was born in the wrong body, as if I should have been born in a girl's body instead of a boy's body...I think she thought I might have been transgendered. I never felt like I was born in the wrong body, but I still ear people say to me that I look like a pretty girl, especially with my hair so long. I don't agree with that, but that's their opinion...Anyway, I think that would be a good question to ask yourself, as it might help you figure it out...It sounds like it is.

4. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's the thing though. appearance wise, there is nothing feminine looking about me.