1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie looking for advice...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by boyssaygo, Feb 16, 2012.

1. boyssaygo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, I'm a newbie. 45 years old, in a long time relationship with a woman, with three kids. But also bisexual. Or gay. Possibly. Not sure which, but I do know that I'm one of either. I've had sex with men and enjoyed it but also feel guilty afterwards. Maybe because I've done this while in a relationship but then I feel the need to do it again. Please don't get me wrong. I still love my partner, but don't feel the attraction to her that I feel to men. Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi. You are my only hope.

2. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Weclome to the forum, my young apprentice. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Right.
    So, you've cheated on your wife and you want to do it again - break up with her. I dont mean to sound harsh but she deserves better than you and, yes, you deserve better than her. You dont want her physically at all? Then you need to tell her as much. She deserves your honesty, does she not? Or has she not earned that yet?
    Also, I hope you are wearing protection while doing stuff with these men. Otherwise you could be endangering the life of your wife.

I know its difficult to come out of the closet and its not something you're going to do overnight but its something that you will have to do sooner or later if you wish to carry on having sex with men. It cant go on like this. But I guess you know that already... thats at least part of the reason why you're here.

It seems clear to me that you like men more than you like women, define that however you want. Sexuality is not a clear cut thing. A lot of the time its more complicated than simply gay bi or straight.

We have quite a few middle aged guys on here, who are just accepting themselves for the first time. Many who are/were married. They dont post as often as the younger members but they're around.

Well done for finding this place and posting, by the way. A lot of guys of your generation dont make it this far. You've come out to yourself and thats a difficult thing to do. :thumbsup: I'm sure you'll fit in here just fine. :slight_smile:

#2 Robert, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  3. sanguine

hmmmm, maybe being honest with might help, unless you guys are heaps religious than its a no go, but anyways what i was going to suggest is maybe telling her then trying to make the relationship an open one if you think your bisexual, or even better, you guys can have a civil divorce?

i dunno seems like one of those pick your poison situations, i really think you need to be honest though, its not really fair to her either, and who knows maybe she had known all along or something.