1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I crazy?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by djstcktn326, Feb 18, 2012.

1. djstcktn326

Well I watched a Futurama episode, entitled "Insane in the Mainframe," episode 311. In that episode it featured a male robot in a robot mental asylum saying "I'm a pretty girl, I'm a pretty girl, I'm a pretty girl," :eusa_doh: and it got me wondering "Am I crazy? Is there something wrong with me?" Please help!!! :confused:

2. stephaniko

no, there isnt anything wrong with you at all

3. Hazel

Shows like Futurama poke fun at all kinds of unusual things, though even after having seen the episode myself I'd say that phrase wasn't an intentional jab at anyone. You're unusual, but there's nothing intrinsically wrong with your identity and you certainly don't belong in an asylum for robots or for humans from what I can see.

4. djstcktn326

Hahaha thanks, I think. I believe we're all unusual in our own way. Lol

5. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're not crazy. People (or robots) that say or do gender-"inappropriate" things are often made fun of and called "crazy," for comedic effect or otherwise, but you are certainly not. :slight_smile:

6. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If you are a robot start worrying. If you are a human then it's alright. If you are an alien then verenvds egdvahg glosvdt.

7. Peregrine

For what it's worth, I had the same reaction to that very joke when I saw the episode recently. My gender identity is a little murky but I definitely have a fixation on feminine beauty at the very least. If you're crazy, you're not alone :wink:

8. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Nope! Bothersome people just think it's funny to SAY you're nuts. This is because they are bothersome people.

Over time, you learn to be accepting toward most bothersome people, and you learn to distinguish between "bothersome people who are spiteful jerks" and "bothersome people who are NOT spiteful jerks." Over time, you learn to love most of these people for who they are.

I certify you as perfectly sane! In fact, most other sane people would just find you interesting.