1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

welcome to hell...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DJNay, Feb 18, 2012.

1. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    So i seriously need to vent, to someone, anyone!
    this past week has been hell, literally! all ive had is my brother and my dad fighting, bitchng, shouting at eachoher, and dragging me into it. it all started because my brother has this "im 21 i dont have to take your crap" attitude towards my dad, which has erupted into HUGE drama.
    just some backroud info: my parents have been divorced for 17 yrs, live in two seperate countries, but still find something to bitch at eachother about. my brother and my mom are like best buddies, he is seriously a mommys boy. Im more with like that my dad, which my mom cant stand. so through all this my mom takes my brother's side and says my dad is a horrible person and he'll treat me like crap too.
    but then my brother hits me in the face and disowns me, but then asks for help, which i do because my mom would expect it of me, but it seems shes disowned me anyway.
    so here i am with all these fights, my brother hates me for "Backstabbing" my mom because i talk to my dad about this fighting, my mom wont talk to me, my sister wont talk to me,and now i cant talk to my dad because it makes me the enemy. well then WHO THE HELLLL am i supposed to talk to ?????? ive practically chewed off my gfs ear with all this.
    In a nutshell, my life is HELL right now :tears:

2. Jordash

First off, I just want to let you know- Im very sorry this is happening to you. Nobody should have to deal with this. And its not your fault.

I used to go to anger management for a couple unrelated reasons and my counciller told me that whenever im feeling bad or down to wright a story and put a fictional character in it. That character can do anything you want them too. (Mine was an anime girl who would always come save me from my life "^.^) You could try that, it works for emotional drama, but maybe not physically. I was also instructed to draw a lot of what I was feeling, you could try that too.

I hope I helped, even the slightest bit.

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear about this - divorced families are hard, especially when people don't handle it well. I found myself in the middle of things very, very often back in the day.

The best thing I can tell you, I suppose, is to remove yourself as much as possible from the situation - easier said than done, but if nothing else, realize for yourself that you can't fix these people's problems and you can't heal the situation - that is their responsibility, and nobody else is even capable of doing it for them.

You say you have a girlfriend - trying refocusing some of your energy her way, in a positive sense I mean. Focus your energy on things you do with her, and leave your family behind (even if only mentally) to deal with the situation themselves. Invest more time in friends, in family, in school, in work, etc. - just don't focus on a group of people who are, for now, proving to be a negative influence in your life.

What's your living and financial situation? Are you on your own, or could you be? Are you working, in school, or something else?

4. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    @Jordash thanks im an artist so drawing will help. :slight_smile: and im a creative person too so the story idea will also work for me. @gravity i live at home, i work for my dad coz i cant get a job anywhaere else :frowning2: so im kind of in a rock and a hard place, but my gf has allowed me to come stay with her for a bit.