1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wait- what?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jordash, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Jordash

Okay guys, so I dated this girl for 2+ months then we broke up for like 2 weeks. Then V-day night we got back together. I was just texting her and I mentioned something about her being my girlfriend and she said "lol you know were not dating right?"
    Im so confused and angry and sad. I don't know what to do pr say.
    What should I say to her?! :tears:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Not sure if I am understanding you correctly, as to whether you two are still an item, but from the sound of her response to your text it sounds like that she has started to move or has moved on. When you got back together on V-day, what messages or feelings did you get?

Maybe take a few days to think things through. If you feel that she is no longer interested, maybe just text back and say, "oh okay... right" and leave it at that. Alternatively, you could also say to her (depending on how V-day went and what happened before that) that you had a different impression and that is the reason why you sent the text that you did.

(*hug*)

3. Katelynn

I say tell her how you feel, just be honest about your feelings for her. If she cares about you, shell respet your feelings & you can both figure things out. If she doesnt respect you or your feelings then, as much as it hurts, she may not be right for you after all & you may need to find someone who will respect your feelings & feel the same way about you...

4. Ianthe

I thought she wasn't gay. That's the same girl as in these other threads, right? (That's eight threads, if you are counting, pretty much all about it not working out with her.)

To review:

• You and she were friends for a long time before you started dating (I'm guessing the dating thing was your idea). Then you were dating, and you were excited and crazy about her.
    • At New Years, you and she had sex--and she started pulling back. A lot. And her mother found out about you two, and pitched a fit.
    • You bought her a ring, and she was uncomfortable about it.
    • She broke up with you, saying she wasn't really a lesbian, and the NEXT DAY made a date with someone for prom next year.
    • You moved on and were flirting with a girl you know to be bisexual. She became jealous because you were giving the attention you used to give to her to someone else.
    • She sent you a message on Valentines Day saying that she "still loves you," which you interpreted to mean that you were getting back together (but she might have just meant, "just like I always loved you as my good friend, even before we were ever dating.")
    • Now she has sent you a message saying "ha ha, you don't think we're dating, do you?"

Move on from this one. If she is really interested in girls, and wasn't just going along with what you wanted in the first place, she is not ready to deal with it. You should definitely not expect this to go better any time soon. It's really obviously not working.

What happened to the bi girl you were liking?

5. Jordash

The bi girl I liked...ummm well.... lets just say shes BI and not gay for a reason. (a nasty rumor started about her hooking up with some old guy)

6. Ianthe

Hmm. Are you just assuming it's true, or did you ask her?

Even if she did, I don't know if I think that by itself is a good reason to not go out with her. In fact, at your age, I would tend to consider her a victim in that situation.