1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

she lied and now I feel hurt

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by loststar, Feb 19, 2012.

1. loststar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was dating a beautiful girl that I liked a lot for 3 weeks and she broke up with me last week for another girl. She wanted to still be friends, which I was fine with since I liked her a lot and cared about her. I went out to dinner with her and her sister and her sister wanted to go out to the club so I took her there (her sister is from out of town and my ex had to work) while we were there and her sister got drunk, she informed me that my ex was dating her new girlfriend for 2 weeks, which meant she was cheating on me, and that she already gave her a house key. It's really weird cause my ex gets jealous from me talking to other lesbians that are just friends. I feel that I'm not good enough and I don't understand what it is with having girls cheat on me and then move fast with the person they cheat on me with. I've been told that lesbians move fast, but I can't be that way cause I do have 2 kids and its not healthy to be going thru relationships so fast. Is there any hope out there for me to find a terrific girl that will understand my need to take things slow? Should I even continue to be friends with my ex?

2. Spectre

If it were me, I wouldn't even be friends. The kind of person that would date behind your back is not someone you should want in your life. My opinion is that one of the the best decisions you'd ever make would be to cut contact and never look back.

In regards to you feeling like you're not good enough, consider this: a beautiful girl dated you for three weeks. She wouldn't have dated you (or had anything to do with you) if she didn't find you attractive as well. Given that alone, you should feel confident in the fact that you'll be able to find another girl that's attractive to you AND who isn't going to cheat. After all, not all attractive girls are dishonest and just looking to get laid. Are you?

3. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Everything leaves a scar, what determines how that scar marks you is up to no one but you. Yes you had feelings for her, and yes she cheated on you. Know what the best part of that is? That it is in the past.

I gotta agree with Spectre when he says that you shouldn't question whether or not you're good enough, and for the same reason. This one girl who ruined something that could've been great gave up the chance to cheat on you with some girl who she'll probably be with for a short time, an will probably cheat on her to. And that's how she'll live. You, on the other hand, have priorities. You know that having kids sets a limit on what you can and can't do, but that's not a bad thing. You know both what you want and what you need in your life, and given time (you may even be surprised at how little time) you will find that someone.

To answer the last question, that's really up to you. Obviously none of us will ever know exactly how you feel about this girl, but whether you want to still be friends with her is a choice that is inevitabely yours alone. HOWEVER, from what you've told us, I would say no, she is not someone you should keep in your life. If she was with you for so little time, and already fell to what she did, then there's no saying what else she would fall to do, that you wouldn't want to be caught up in. Plus I would think you'd be happier without seeing her and knowing she cheated on you.

Hope this is helpful

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey im sorry this happened to you, I wouldnt give up hope, there will be girls out there that are not like this, you just havent met someone worthy of you yet. I know its easy to get disheartened but it will be worth it when you find the right one.

As for whether or not to stay friends, I guess it depends how you feel about the friendship and whether you think it will be more heartache than it is worth.