1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My parents have no time for me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Charni, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am an only child, and not actually demanding. But when I do occasionally ask for something I usually get it. But lately I just want attention from mum and dad. But they are working heaps (dad is a handyman and mum helps). And when they FINALLY get home at 7:30 PM They cook dinner, we eat watching tv so we can't talk much, then they sort out the non-physical side of the business. I used to like being able to do my own thing, but I am getting lonely now. I know I sound selfish but how can I get some time with them?

2. yeayea

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I would simply suggest talking to them and telling them how you feel. Maybe you as a family could set a side 1 night a week for a game night or something like that. The worlds a busy place and it's very easy for well meaning ppl to get caught up in routine.

3. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The annoying thing is when they did have time for me I would stay in my room all the time. Now that I can't be around them as much I just want their company. I don't want to talk to them, I just want their company.

4. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, obviously you have your own life and you want to still have fun with your friends and girlfriend, so the hard part seems like coordinating. Like yeayea said, the best thing you could really do is set aside a day to just do family stuff. Or you could always just ask them if you could have dinner without tv.