1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and emotional

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Moondustlady, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Moondustlady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have very strong emotions, and I find it hard to deal with sometimes.
    I've had a lot of things going on, including worrying about coming out to my family.
    I also struggle with depression in varying degrees.

I have maybe two friends that I talk to about life when I can't handle my emotions and anymore they listen to a point and then tell me to speak to a therapist.

It makes me feel like they do not want to listen, and I can't afford therapy anymore. Which basically provided me with a steady person to speak to and vent that also happened to be qualified to give advice. I had hoped that I could build a support system to talk to since I can't count on therapy any more. My friends say they care, but they make me feel like a burden.

I can't really be mad or blame them, but I feel like they should know how it makes me feel. Telling me to talk to someone else, or to someone who would understand better is hurtful, and I don't have anyone else.

It takes a lot for me to feel comfortable enough to open up about what bothers me, and more to actually say something about it. If I can't talk to my friends, who can I talk to?

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well you can talk to us all here on EC, I know its not the same as real life but there are always people here who will listen. I dont know where you are but sometimes there are volunteer lines you can call if you desperately just need to talk to someone (although I can appreciate its difficult to open up to strangers).
    Sometimes writing things down can help you vent your emotions and get the worst of it out before you speak to your friends. I am sure they do care and do want to help, it is possible that they sometimes feel out of their depth and dont know what to say, sometimes when this happens people are worried they will say the wrong thing and so dont say anything at all.

3. waitingfordawn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If you ever need someone to talk to, we're here for you at EC. (*hug*) If you want to talk, don't hesitate to message me.

4. Moondustlady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks for the support.
    It's good to know I'm not alone.