1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confidence and happyness

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Neo1979, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Neo1979

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi from england.

So i came out 2 years ago to my parents, my brother and approx 5 close friends. everyone has been really accpeting to me and that has all been great, i haven't had any bad reactions and know that i am very very lucky to be accepted. anyways despite all of this i still have a real lack of confidence in myself, i find it difficult talking to and trusting new people who i dont really know. This is very true in my job and I find it really holds me back from doing a fantastic job and achieving.

Also i am struggling to get motivated to date, i really want to date and see if there could be someone out there for me but i get a real sense of inadeuacy and nervousness about this. I do get lonely and dont really have much of a social life as all my friends who 99% of them are straight have moved on with their lives and have wives, husbands children etc and this seems to fill up all their time. I feel i have been left behind a bit.

I'd be grateful for your advice
    thanks
    Dean.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC. If you suffer from a lack of self confidence, as I do its something you have to be constantly working on. As for dating and your social life, what about joining an LGBT group of something in your area that could lead to one or other or both, or you could try a new hobby that might help you meet some new friends.