1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

that cute boy at school who you like but dont know if he likes boys

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheAMan, Feb 20, 2012.

1. TheAMan

Hi. I'm new to this so bare with me. I really want a boyfriend, but the fact that I'm not completely out of the closet makes it hard to find one.

There is this boy at my school that I have been crushing on since September. I see him around school occasionally, but I usually see him everyday at lunch as he sits two tables away from me. He's mixed with sexy red lips, around my height of 6 ft, beautiful brown eyes, and he wears this really nice cologne.

From my observations, he looks like he may be interested in boys. He has a slight switch to him when he walks. I swear I caught him staring at another dude's butt when he walked past him at the lunch table. We've made eye contact a few times and I think he smiled at me a few times. I don't know for sure because I always chicken out when he looks back.

The bad news is that I may have lost any chance of getting with him. I tried talking to him once and I looked like an idiot. Another time I was carrying my lunch to my table and i saw him doing this crazy dance. I stopped to watch him dance and i thought it was cute so I laughed but he thought I was being mean. That led to an argument between us and we haven't talked since.

Now I'm just regulated to staring at him all the time because he is just wayyy too cute for me to just forget about. Plus I have fantasies about us being together. I really thought getting a boy would be easier than getting a girl but I guess not.

Anyway, I want to try to get him again but I have no idea how or where to start. I'm really shy and I get nervous every time I get near him. Someone please help me.

#1 TheAMan, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  2. tiredofsleep

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    lol I'm in the same boat. Theres this cute guy in one of my classes that I always catch looking over at me and stuff, probably because I do the same thing lol... and I'm not completely out, nor do I fit any of the gay stereotypes so if he really is checking me out he's probably not sure about me either... I want to go try to talk to him but I have no idea what to say...

3. TheAMan

I'll tell you what I did. It was lame so if you want to laugh feel free. I had worn my Steelers shirt the day before and he stared at me. So the next day i went up to him and was like I saw you looking at my shirt yesterday. He looked at me like I was crazy and he turned away from I started to panick so I asked him for his name and he told me his name and what grade he was in. He never said anything else so I just left. I felt like such a fool :frowning2:

4. Jonamo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He's probably a Ravens fan :dry:

I'd just try talking to him and seeing if that goes anywhere. If he's receptive to your conversation then you know he's at least interested in listening to you and possibly becoming friends. If not then he may just not be interested at all.

Also something that can sometimes help gauge his interest is if you see him looking/staring at you, look back and just give a smile.

Just my $0.02

5. TheAMan

Lol! I needed that early morning humor. But I did find out that he's an Eagles fan. The thing is I tried all that and I sort of blew it. Should I just try again from square one or move on?