1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreams

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zooombini, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Zooombini

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always had very vivid dreams. I usually wake-up not knowing where I am because I thought I was in a different place because of my dreams. The last three years or so I've been dreaming where I fall in love, usually when I wake-up I still have those feelings. Sometimes I am a boy in my dream and I fall in love a girl, when I wake-up I feel like I'm still a man and vice versa.

This leads me to my next point, the part that is bothering me. Fairly recently (like this last year) I've dreamt that I'm in love with people I actually know. This is bothering me because last night I had an extremely vivid dream in which I asked my close and beautiful friend if she was gay and I came out to her as pansexual.

The dream:
    So my friend, who is flamboyant and constantly excited, turned out to be gay. I was deeply in love with her in my dream but afraid to ruin our friendship so I didn't tell her. So we went to a lgbt nightclub (strange because we're only 15, it made sense in my dream) and she tried to hook me up with some girls and I was very uncomfortable. At the very end of my dream I kissed her and ran off.

So now that I'm awake I still feel like I'm in love with her and I feel like it really happened. I have to keep telling myself that, no, it was in fact a dream, she is not gay, and she doesn't know that I'm pansexual. I know its not really that big of a deal because it was just a dream but I feel so confused now. :icon_sad:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Dreams are dreams. Not sure if this is going to help but not long ago, I had one such dream where I dreamed that I was walking on a street, seeing ever passing car, every passing person clearly. I stopped when I saw a guy (who I actually know, and with whom I have met up with last year) coming towards me on a bicycle and stopping. The next thing I knew, we are standing right in the middle of the sidewalk, and kissing each other.

Needless to say when I woke up, I could not stop thinking about the dream. It doesn't matter what I did, there it was. I thought about the dream and all its meanings. Actually, I was so much thinking about it that I used my body wash to wash my hair, and not even realizing it. Well, I realized what happened when I dried my hair, noticing how it felt differently than from its usual feel. I was still thinking about it on my way to work.

There came a point where I thought:

[​IMG]

I decided to talk to a friend about it, and I started feeling better, and reminded myself that the meaning in that isn't all that significant.

The important thing to remember though is that dreams are dreams. It's our mind's way of processing stuff. Some people, in order to deal with their dreams or be able to forget about them is to just write it down on a piece of paper and then throw it away. :slight_smile:

3. Zooombini

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After I wrote this post I actually started to forget about my dream! :icon_bigg Usually I don't tell others about my dreams or write them down because I think it would be strange to tell them. I'm really glad I told someone about my dream, I don't even remember most of it anymore!!

Anyways, thanks for reading and have great day! (*hug*)