1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lucas52, Feb 21, 2012.

1. lucas52

lucas52 Guest

Sorry for the kind of/sort of long post cause i dislike reading as much as the next guy but I really need help.
    Ok, so here is my deal I go to a all girl school even though i'm a guy. my parents have no idea that i'm trans. and i really want to tell them in summer break that way they can switch me to a better school. But here is the problem my mom has filled out all the registration forms for next year except for sending the money.I can't stay another year in that school from hell! I hate having to get out of bed every school day of the week and put on girls clothes and go to a place were everyone thinks i'm a girl but i'm a guy. I have to either make up some type of diversion so that my parent understand why i can't go to that school and it has to be a very good reason, or my only other option is to tell them now that i'm trans. but if they do that then i'm afraid they might take me out of school to early to where i won't get to finish the semester or they might not believe me at all and just completely ignore me and send me back to the school next year. So, what i need to know is should i tell them now cause its about 3 1/2 months till the end of the school year and thats a long time to wait or should i tell them a made up reason of why i can't go?(If i tell them a made up reason i need to know what that reason should be so i can tell my parents why i can't go to school there) what should i do?

2. giantsteen

Just tell your mom. Say that an all-girls school isn't good for you anymore, and that you want to get to try other schools.

3. secretguyX

Tell your parents that you want to finish the semester at your school, but for next year another school would be better. If they questions you and you feel comfortable telling them, just tell them you're transgender.

4. squally89

How conservative are your parents?
    You are still a minor so they still have a lot of legal, and financial rights over you.

My advice is be cautious. Can you tell us what can happen if you come out to your parents? Like best to worst case scenario. It will really help us and you.

5. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure there are lots of things you can tell them that would be the truth, but wouldn't require you to come out to them as trans right away.

Start out by telling them you don't like that school and would like to try going to a different one next year. When they question why, tell them you have lots of reasons which may or may not include not identifying with or getting along with the girls there, having to wear a uniform/follow the dress code (if this is what you meant about having to put on uncomfortable girls clothes), being cut off from half your peer group, if there are more or different sports or extra curricular activities at a different school, bring that up.

Obviously I don't know your parents, but most are likely to listen to what you have to say if you come to them in a mature way and share with them that something they think is good isn't working out for you. I don't advocate coming out as trans before you are absolutely ready to do so, but if you're honest with them about everything else, chances are they will respect that and want to work with you to find a better solution.