1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

interpreting whether someone likes you back.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stewballl, Feb 22, 2012.

1. stewballl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So recently i just come to terms with my sexuality of being bisexual and during this time i happen to meet someone i did not suspect to meet. When i first met him and knowing he was opening gay, i was thrilled of the joy of having a new friend and we found that we were basically clones of each other besides our personalities the differ from each other. From this we shared endless facebook inboxs then eventually moving onto texts when we got each others numbers over the last 3 months.

Throughout this time we got to know each other very well and because of this caused me to have my first crush on someone of the same gender. He causes me to have the biggest highs that i have not had in a very long time but at the same time causes me to have lows. The reasoning for me getting into a funk from him is because sometimes he can take forever to reply and during that time i ponder if i have done something wrong and cause him to repulse me. Majority of the time it is because he gets distracted from work or his MMA and is just plain forgetful. Still it makes me feel i i personally done something to cause him to act this way.

Now i have got to stage to know if he feels the same for me and if he is interested but he doesn't know that i am bisexual.

We both went to the movies, and in this time i took advantage of the situation to send hints. We both got touchy over the arm rest we where shearing and it was first those awkward touches that normally one shies away from but we both engaged and kept the touch going throughout the movie. During the movie i wanted a drink from my water bottle but it was empty so he offered if i wanted some of his. At the mercy i am to him i could not say no to the request. The after affect i did not expect, after drinking from my bottle he started looking at as if his wish had come true and started to suck on the cap. i caught him out but he shyed off pretty quick when i question his actions. Nearing the end of the movie i felt pressure being placed on my arm and i could see him watching for a reaction, ended up having a play fight to the dominated of the arm rest but still it was a touch i question.

After the movie we talked and he started talking about past relationships and how has enjoyed the last few months being single but got a little hint that has started to get bored of it.

All i want know from this community is should i risk asking how he feels about me? or leave it as the fear of rejection could cost me a friend?

2. Artemicion

From what you've written so far, it sounds like he's into you. I think you have a very low risk of getting rejected at this point...but that's coming from a person who has never been on a date before. :S.

I think probably telling him you're bisexual could be a start...?

3. stewballl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i want to, but we both just live busy lives and we never get a real chance to be along just to discuss something like that.

4. TheAMan

I say go for it. He's openly gay and he said he's tired of the single life. From this standpoint, you almost have nothing to lose.