1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ummm...advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Latinokid, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

ok i have a question...do i loook attractive/ok ish? Cuz at school some kids like make fun of my acne and stuff and tlk behind my back..i know they do....and i dont let it bother me at the momemnt, but later on it gets to me..[​IMG]
    ty for ur hlp guys

2. Half-Light

ur pretty attractive

3. InaRut

Welcome to Highschool...or Public School...err America...Junior high?
    ---fail--
    Anyways, No matter how you look, no matter how you act...people are gonna talk behind your back. Especially in your younger years. You are quite handsome and pay no attension what people say.

I do kinda see you as a guy from west side story dancing around with a knife though...hahahah

4. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

LMAO...dancing with a knife? lol ...ty guys=]

5. Ty

Ty Guest

urgh, really, don't let that thread in chit chat get you down, honestly, no one on these forums is hideous, or "unfortunate looking" as i like to say. you've all got your qualities and please don't feel that theres any kind of competition. urgh everybody just stop making the other thread a competition, ITS JUST TO SHOW YOUR FACE, NOT RATE YOURSELF! lawd, it annoys me when little things make people feel insecure. =[

Sorry i just exploded, ive been watching everything and i just needed to say something.

6. sexyalex

Please Latinokid, ur nothing near unattractive. Atleast in my book ur handsome...and believe me it gets old. At my school (private high school) EVERYONE scrutinizes everyone and i don't make it bother me. myself especially, i ...i don't like to call myself ugly but i just face facts. In fact, i didn't even notice u got acne at all and no need to worry...2 or 3 years from now u won't even remember u had them (if u even did). and ignore it, it happens at every school and ur not gonna be able to run from it. Further more, how comes ur sure they r talking about ur imperfections.....did u know they could be talking about how fabulous ur body is? hummmm?:wink:

#6 sexyalex, Dec 29, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  7. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Well Ty little things do make me feel insecure.... and idk what they all talk about but i know like tiwce in class a kid made fun of me during class in front of the teacher...had the whole class laughing at me soo yah...but other than that its cool lol. Ty guys for ur advice

8. Nodnarb

Obviously, you have never seen a pic of me:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But I'm not 'insecure.' I just accept the facts. I really don't care what others say about me.

9. sdc91

You look perfectly fine!

A lot of people have acne, it's no big deal. I have some, too.

10. Nicknikko

omg carlos don't listen to those bastards... your a hottie! ^^

11. Defender

Defender Guest

You look good :icon_bigg. The people making fun are just dumbasses, try your best to ignore them :slight_smile: .

I agree :slight_smile: .

12. CrimsonThunder

I don't even see any acne. :confused:

Anyways, if a guy has acne it only means they're human.

I don't remember anyone talking about how bad anyone looked in high school, then again I went to a very nice and open minded catholic college. The worst we did was payed out an English guy about his accent, he was cool so it didn't matter. ^^

13. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I can barely see your acne. Yes, you are handsome, but even if you weren't what those kids said doesn't matter.

14. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

thanks guys =]

15. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

If you want to see bad acne I could show you a photo of me when I was about 14...... I had very bad acne that you couldn't miss seeing.

I don't see any acne in your photo. Well OK, looking closely after you mentioned it there is a tiny red mark on the side of your nose that might be a small spot? Seriously you look fine to me.

As Inarut says, talking about people and insulting them behind their backs is exactly the sort of thing that happens in schools etc with people around your age. It is not nice but it is a fact of life. A lot of it is people trying to hide their insecurities by making out that others are worse. Try not to let it get to you.

Here on EC people are much more honest. We have all been through that crap and know what it's like. None of us have any reason to be nasty about anyone else here. So if people say something about you here they mean it.

Also, acne is completely normal at your age. Almost everyone gets it to some extent.

16. Psychedelic Bookmarks

i've always thought u looked nice in your avatar. :slight_smile: seriously, i don't say that kind of thing for fun. and those comments about acne are just crap. everyone has acne. in the end, it doesn't affect attractiveness, because everyone gets over it. they're probabaly just jealous. don't let it get to you!

17. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Latinokid, you are a very good looking fellow, don't let anyone say any different and if they do, you can with confidence, ignore them.

Acne is a bit of a problem with teen years, but you don't seem to be having a huge problem with it. What has been found to help most is diet. What some of the studies have shown over the past 5 years or so is an increase in flour in the diet seems to really make things kick off. Essentially there appears to be a tie in with the way the insulin cycles. With the refined flour and sugars in the diet increasing, normal people are beginning to cycle as pre-diabetics with the insulin. Meaning, intake of the flour and sugars causes the sugar level in the blood to soar and this the insulin pumps out in large quantity to lower the levels, then of course doesn't shut down fast enough, sugar levels go low, thus up-tick in hunger, eating again, cycle, cycle, cycle. But what also happens with that cycling is the oils secreted by the skin glands thickens up, thus easier to clog up the pores and later get infected.

The studies were done on a South American native tribal group, with a split in culture. Some remained with their traditional culture including diet and the other part of the group changed what they were doing and also their diet. The significance of their diet change was noted and what was found was the incidence of acne increased profoundly in those who added flour, refined flour and refined sugar to their diets. Whereas before, acne in this group was unheard of, now with those who changed up their diet it was very bad. Those who remained with their traditional diet didn't have the problem.

So some conclusions on this could be to limit sugars in your diet and those things that convert to sugar rather quickly. It seems the natural sugars in fruits is not a problem, it is pretty much the refined products.

Just to repeat to ya though, you are a very handsome young man, don't sweat it.

18. xxAngelOnFirexx

OMG! i just watched that in Drama class! he sorta does! but its not a bad thing though. just a funny coincidence!