1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

telling the family.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Brandi1212, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Brandi1212

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i am seeing this girl right now and my mom and dad are the:dry: kind of parents that will hate an judge me but i dont wanna go on any longer keeping this a secreat wat should i do??:frowning2: i need help with this.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to EC! I guess the first question I would have for you is, have you ever gotten a sense that your parents might not have an all too bad reaction to your coming out? Why do you feel that your parents will hate and judge you?

If you feel that your parents might react badly or won't be supportive straight away, maybe instead of coming out to them in person, write a coming out letter.

3. theboyintheback

I agree with the above. A letter is really the best way to go. It gives you the ability to look at all you want to say, and come up with the best way to say it. Giving to them will be a little hard - but it's better than putting yourself on the spot.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree letters can be good and then you can either be with them when they read it or you can choose to be elsewhere.

What makes you think they will react badly?

---------- Post added 23rd Feb 2012 at 11:33 PM ----------

I agree letters can be good and then you can either be with them when they read it or you can choose to be elsewhere.

What makes you think they will react badly?

5. TheAMan

Yeah I agree a letter would be nice. Also do you think they would go as far as kicking you out the house or something?